Installed A Rack by Scottg--Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryandPam Wallace

Reaction score
Hello Scottg or anyone who can answer my question.....I have ordered the cargo basket. My question is.............Scottg, do you still have a link to the Ebay crossbars?. If anyone has a link to these cross bars, I would really appreciate you posting the link for me and anyone else who loves the look of Scottg's roof rack set-up.

Thanks In Advance

Terry Wallace

Last edited by a moderator:
Terry not to put down the rack Scott's or your choice but are you sure these bars can handle the weight of a cargo basket and whatever else you are putting in it? Just make sure because you don't wait it flying off or causing damage to you or someone else.

George

Allen,

Thanks for saving that Ebay link. That is indeed the one I was looking for.

George,

I appreciate your concern and to a very large extent, I agree with you. I have an ARE camper shell on my Trac and would more than likely never use the rack/basket for hauling. I just thought it looked real nice mod for the amount of money invested.

Thanks Guys,

Terry

Those bars look great for show, but without seeing the thickness of the tubing, I didn't feel comfortable getting them knowing I'm going to have over 100# of stuff on my rack. I ended up holding out for a heavy duty Westin set to show up on eBay slightly used. I just couldn't bring myself to drop $200+ for these bars new.

Latest posts