Info on worth of Baseball Cards....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
Long story short, I helped my girlfriend gut a house she owns so we can rehab. I found a folder that contains about 90 cards. Many of them are the 90's era and are of names a recognize. Since I don't really follow sport too aggressively, just knowing the names tells me a lot.. LOL

Wade Boggs

Cal Ripken

Sandy Alomar

Cecil fielder

Dwight Gooden

Jim Rice

Greg Vaughn

Daryl Strawberry

Reggie Jackson

Dave Dravecky

Mo Vaughn

Jose Canseco

Nolan Ryan

Kirby Puckett

Roger Clemons

Mark McGwire

Greg Swindel

And many more.

I am wondering where is the best place to market these?

And if any of you can guide me to some kind of price.

Thanks in advance.....

I've heard there's a book (like a Kelly Blue Book) for baseball cards that lists card values. I'd start with that.

During that time baseball cards were sold in boxes by the hundreds and it seemed every kid in town was buying them. Doubtful if they have much value.

Check and see what they are SELLING FOR on Ebay...not what they are asking. They're only worth what someone will pay. We have shops that also buy/sell cards....take the lot in and see what they will give you as a lot. Easier and probably the most profitable/least hassle over the Ebay experience. Ebay can be a real pain to sell on IMO.

I thought the same thing...

I will look at eBay later on through the week. But if I can find a local shop, it is probably the answer....

Kevin,

It's very important to know the year of the card, and the brand of the card (Tops, etc) If they are a significant year (rookie year, or last season, or best hitting season etc) which can add value.

The two most significant factors are "Condition" and if they are real! There is a ton of counterfeit sports memorabilian out there...so much so that they have driven the prices down because of all the fakes out there. The prices on the internet or ebay are assumed to be for genuine cards, but it takes an experienced expert to know what's real and what's fake.

I would recommend that you take the cards to a local trader in sports memorabilia and see what they say...Even better go to several. If you happen to have a card or two that is worth something, you may want to get a certificate of authenticity to boost the value.

...Rich

Go to a local

Regardless of any other factors, if you have any Ken Griffey, Jr. cards, I may be interested in those. Heck, I may take the whole lot from you. Not as an investment, because most cards from the 90s are worthless, but just to add to my collection. If you find out what a card shop would give you for them and let me know, maybe we can work something out.

Just a side note. I worked with a collector. He told me of cards he had that were worth $500 to $4000. He also said, those prices were very inflated.

He said, real sale value. Even at a trade event. The real sale would be 1/4 to 1/3 of the face value. I thought that was odd.

He told me of one he recently had sold. Value $1200, but he only got $450...

Those old 60's Pete Rose cards used to make my bike sound like a motorcycle..LOL!

Oh, and I skipped Nolan Ryan. He was my favorite when I was a kid. Still is a close second behind Greg Maddux.

Good luck Coastie...I hope you have a number of them that are worth big $$

Latest posts