Indiana Gov Pence gets slammed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank screwyourednecks

Reaction score
Our Governor Mike Pence, as you may have heard, stepped in it pretty badly by allowing a bill to be passed (part of a national agenda) that Hoosiers felt was devoid of language that protects the rights of GLBT residents of the state.

Thoughts?

Give 'em time to fix the law. I'll agree that they needed a boisterous reminder of the discriminatory nature of the original law, but if the governor says they'll fix it, then give them the benefit of the doubt.

The outrage is manufactured. This too shall pass.

Gay marriage is settled. It still needs to work its way through the courts in individual states and district courts. The precedent has been set by the SC and all other courts will defer to that. Those proposing laws against it are doing so in vane as their last grasps. Those freaking out with fake outrage at stuff like you just posted, Frank, are seriously uninformed on how this issue is playing out. Those getting all upset over stuff like this simply don't know how U.S. federalism works and the entertainment "news" organizations play on that ignorance. Don't get played by your favorite "news" outrage machine; that goes for both sides of the issue.

This issue has moved much faster than most social issues in the courts. The gay community should be delighted and for those affected and who are actually well informed on the issue, they are excited for the recognition of their rights.

The only social issue I've observed moving faster is the legalization of marijuana.

Those are going to be the two issues Obama is remembered for, as much as he'd like it to be some of his other issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see a post about your Sport Trac Frank. How's the gas mileage?

Hugh..how can you possibly think it is "manufactured"?

If a group sticks together and votes as a bloc they get what they want

If a Governor pushes through legislation without thinking of the constituency...then backlash. Hell look at the Health Care law. Lots of backlash..but only by part of the right. Not enough of a percentage to fuel a repeal. It is here to stay. Most want it, especially due to constrictive policy by the GOP and businesses to drop health care plans. You know how it works. Businesses are out for $$ not people.

If you do not realize that your base is shrinking and you still espouse outdated and irrelevant policy...you get embarrassed. Hence Mike Pence the old southern religious strategy. 23 percent (polls) claim Hoosiers to be Christian but that is probably much less. a lot of Atheist and agnostics will just say they are evangelical/Christian to get an annoying pollster out of their face. Reality is a bitch. The old days are over.

The shifting/disappearance (demographically) of the religious right is really an end of an era. The group is out of touch, out of date and unappealing to young voters. The 99 percent is not as stupid as the old guard GOP thinks especially in Indiana. The people know there must be a healthy middle class to support the American way of life. You know...work hard make a living wage, raise a family...Cant do that when living wage jobs don't exist.

The way we sit now ..people know that American Dream is not attainable...and they also know that republican policy is squarely to blame

My Sport Trac is fine... Needs to be washed and oil changed

Pence is mad because he has to defend himself and the law he was told to pass. Not because he cares about Hoosiers...because he doesn't...at all.

Frank

Frank,

A recent survey showed that 21% of the voting public are far-left liberals, 28% are far-right conservatives. The remaining 51% are middle of the road voters who will sway left or right on different issues.

The problem is that our county is being run by people who are not really the majority, but those who's party can drum up enough money. It has nothing to do with what their constituents want, it's all about what their party leadership wants.

It is not a Democrat or Republican issue, it's a matter of the US citizens taking back their country.

I suggest that we ban all political parties, eliminate all campaign contributions. Donations go to a ventral fund administered by a committee to insure that funds are distributed equally to pay any qualified campaign expenses based on strict guidlines. The candidate never sees the money, he/she only sends the bill to the committee and if approved it will be paid directly to the vendor. Any manipulation of the funds, false bills, or contributions from any person or company will disqualify the candidate and subject he/she, and all other parties involved to fines and prison terms as well as disqualifying them from ever running for public office for life.

I would like to see a new law called "Breach of Public Trust". That would allow elected officials who take bribes and favors from others. Regardless if they claim the gifts were not to influence their positions as an elected official, it is a Breach of public trust to even involve themselves in such a situation.

And YES, I am pointing my remarks directly at Sen. Bob Menendez (D) from New Jersey !!

...Rich

You're trying to argue with me on an issue we agree on Frank. Your defensiveness supports my post. I'm also not sure where you were going with the rest of the tirade irrelevant to the thread you started. The legislation, with force of law or not, has no relevance to the long term reality that homosexuals have the same rights as every one else.

The militancy of the fringe gay rights community (I can say fringe because I actually have gay family and friends that disagree and are embarrassed with their tactics) in shutting down businesses and physically threatening those who do not believe as they do is ridiculous and should not be encouraged as it is.

Where's the outrage here? Or is it just against Christians? That's why I say it's manufactured. It's not pro-gay; it's anti-Christian. Be honest.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/RgWIhYAtan4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Just imagine if the media covered how homosexuals are treated in the Middle East like they do in the U.S. The arguments and MANUFACTURED OUTRAGE over wedding cakes are nightly headlines, yet can you recall the last story you saw about homosexuals being executed in Iran? (Hint: it occurred verrrrrry recently). This is what I mean by manufactured. Maybe I should choose the word hypocritical if you'd prefer that term.

I agree with Frank regarding the decline of the Christianity in this country. I may lean a little right, but my God does not need me or our government to defend Him. He is doing just fine. As for the growing number of non-Christians and the crap they are pulling in our country, they may think they are doing fine, but in the end they will get theirs. It is sad, but folks have to want to be saved.

I am also very much in support of a strong separation between Church and State. I sure don't want my government screwing up my religion. However, I am also a strong believer in common courtesies and people working together for the common good.

The End of Times is getting closer. I am OK with where I am at. My God is just fine. The Republicans are going to be smoked if they do not get back to their roots of limited efficient government and personal responsibility. The USA is soon going to be smoked soon, anyway.