Indecisive Overdrive

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ralph Izzi

Reaction score
I recently purchase a 2007 LMTD. when traveling up long moderate inclines at 35+ the O/D seems to have diffuculty deciding to down shift and the result is a "bucking" which goes away by giving it a little gas.

Is this bucking to be expected with the O/D or should I be concerned?

Any info would be helpful.

Thanks.

To much throttle input for speed.. will unlock torque convertor and downshift trans, speed comes back up shifts... best just turn it off on long up hills:banana:

I think your PCM could use the latest program. My suggestion would be to take it to your local Ford dealer and explain the 'driveability issue' you are experiencing and ask them if they will check to see if you have the latest PCM version. Explain that you recently purchased the truck and you realize it might be out of factory warranty but you would like to make sure it has the latest PCM software load.

Your transmission is covered under the Drivetrain Warranty for 5yr/60K miles. If you're within that window you shouldn't have to pay anything for the latest program update. If not, expect to pay no more than one hour of shop time. I had the downshift bump problem on my 6R60 and now I don't. It's worth it, even if you have to pay.

Hit Search. GL

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts