In response to my comrades.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The most simple way to buy goes like this.

Topic: "Attn MYST.com Members"

Subject: "I am looking to buy a new vehicle. Anyone have an extra X-Plan PIN I can get?"

Reply: "Yes, email me privatly"

You then go to the dealer and say: "I will be buying X-Plan"

Best price you can get with no negotiating.

Very simple.

Tom

Caymen,,that is not always true. I beat the x-pin price on my '04 trac by $3k and the '08 Escape by $1k...We make cash buys no finance.

Caymen,,that is not always true. I beat the x-pin price on my '04 trac by $3k and the '08 Escape by $1k...We make cash buys no finance.

Is that what the salesman told you are did you actually see the X-Plan price and then deduct the incentives to get the real price.

Why would ANY dealer sell a vehicle for less than they paid for it?

X-Plan is just about what the dealer paid for it.

Anyone knows if you pay $1.00 for something and sell it for 75 cents, they are not going to stay in business no matter how many items they sell.

Tom

I have traditionally just offered them a $300 gross. I think a $300 profit on any vehicle is sufficient to pay their power, pay the salesman his $100 commission, and cover all the bills.

I always say that if they say no, I'll find someone else that says yes. In 14 years, I've never once heard a no. They seem to like that I won't be taking up 8 hours of their time with the dollar dance. They move a unit, make a fair profit, and I'm in and out in less than 45 minutes, and get a better deal than 99% of "traditional customers."

Caymen,

When Fast Eddie says he beat the X-plan price on an '04 by $3K, I assumed he was taking into account $3K in rebates. I did the same thing for my '04. Paid about $3K less than invoice because of rebates.

Having a dealer sell a vehicle for $3K less than invoice doesn't happen (usually) without rebates factoring into the equation.

TJR

When Fast Eddie says he beat the X-plan price on an '04 by $3K, I assumed he was taking into account $3K in rebates.

As I said, he did not beat X-Plan because with X-Plan you get the rebates. He is mis-informed.

Tom

As I said, he did not beat X-Plan because with X-Plan you get the rebates. He is mis-informed.

When we bought the focus, we had the x-plan through Robyn's work. They worked up the price with all the rebates. However, there was extra money for being military that they could not apply to the x-plan. We ended up getting the car for about 200.00 less using the conventional sale and getting the extra cash. Maybe i got taken, maybe not, but I walked out with a better deal than I was planning on, so I was happy.

You are now adding an extra rebate that is not availiable to everyone. That does not count.

Tom