In God We Trust........

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1922130.96 people who voted that it should be removed ("yes"), are what is making our country decline.

If the people who advocated separation of church and state, and their disciples (before believing in the ideals of the Founding Fathers was considered taboo) in government let it go on, then there is no reason to take it off.

Asininity.

Here's the way it is shaping up:

Should the motto "In God We Trust" be removed from U.S. currency? * 16018202 responses

Yes. It's a violation of the principle of separation of church and state.

12%

No. The motto has historical and patriotic significance and does nothing to establish a state religion.

88%

I voted NO because "In God We Trust" is not a violation of the principle of separation church and state. My judgement is that church and state are seperate, but God is the higher power that governs us all. Here is the definition from Wikipedia.

Church (building), a physical structure used for religious activities

Christian Church, the worldwide body of Christians

Several more specific Christian denominations

Local church, the body made up of a congregation, its members and clergy

State church, a religious body or creed officially endorsed by government

Church service, a formalized period of communal worship

Christian clergy, formal Christian religious leadership

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the new designs.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Freedom of religion and freedom FROM religion.

If it were being redone anyways then yes it shouldn't be on there, but it's a waste of money to make a big deal out of it and require it to be changed if it isn't already scheduled.

I agree. However, they're not going to happen. Here is the snopes story I believe Nick was referring to.

I do like the designs for the $5, $10, $20, and $50 as well. But in comparison to the colors in those bills, the $100 and $200 are a bit bland. And they all do come across as being a bit, well, Canadian...

It's great to see that at least 88% of the people polled understand what the words "establish" and "prohibiting the free exercise thereof" mean.

Clearly those that think those words necessitate laws that force a a clear, black and white seperation of church and state don't understand such simple words and have bastardized (or should I say, hijacked) them.

TJR

America was discovered and founded by Christians for Christians. How can you say it is not a Christian nation? It is (or will be for another 10-15 years anyway).

America is not a Christian nation.

That may be true, but what I have determined is that Islam equates the U.S.A. with Isreal and Jews.

I support the effort of "The Parliament of the World's Religions".

The Parliament educates for global peace and justice by:

-calling people of faith, spirit and goodwill to understand and respect differences.

exploring religious conflict and globalisation as defining challenges in the twenty-first century

-and provides tools for responding effectively.

-creating cross-cultural networks that empower peace and reconciliation.

-helping participants identify religious and spiritual responses to local, regional, and international challenges to peace and justice.

-sensitising religious and spiritual communities to racial, ethnic and religious violence and provides strategies for defusing tensions.

The United States was not founded as a Christian nation. Many of the founders were Deists. While they believed in a Creator, they followed a Newtonian view of the world wherein God established the natural laws by which the world (and the universe) operated. Pick up a copy of Common Sense, and the Age of Reason by Thomas Paine for some interesting insight into what they were thinking at the time.

As for the discovery of the American continent, if you ignore the aboriginal people that were here for several thousand years, the first Europeans to arrive here were the Vikings. Lief Ericson gets that credit.

I tend to agree with Dave below. Threads like these are akin to stopping at McD's. Great idea initially, regret after. Hence, I've deleted my response. :)

I'd really like to comment on this thread, but it looks like it's doing well all by itself!!!

Nevermind...........

Latest posts