I'm surprisingly alive - the focus is totaled ***updated with photos***

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow--I'm glad to hear your OK! After all, if you weren't here, who could I be "the Pope" to? (J/K!) :)

Take care of yourself, and don't try to fully recover too quickly. If it's anything like the accident I had several years ago, you'll likely develop serious aches over the coming days in places you didn't even realize you injured.

Wow, it's the part where you wound up half in and half out of the car that's amazing. Strange, because my wife had a tractor trailer blow a tire right next to her yesterday. She was just infront of the wheel that blew and it scared the hell out of her. No accident though, just a lot of smoke and flying rubber. Makes you realize how much we take our life and good health for granted. Hopefully your emotional trauma will heal as quickly as your bumps and bruises.

ok, we talked to FHP and are working on finding the car. I checked with the bank, the payoff for it was at $8,600, Trade-in value according to KBB is $7,474 and Private Party Value is at $9,470. So, I think I should be okay for getting it completely covered. Regardless though, I'm fairly certain I have GAP insurance.

The part that perplexes me is that I have to file all of this claim stuff, but I don't have an accident report. FHP says it will be 10 working day until I can get one. The accident report *should* say that it was the other guy's fault (although it was an accident) and his insurance should kick in to cover a lot of my costs. Until then, I have to pay for everything and hope to get reimbursed after I get the report in two weeks. Seems a bit backwards to me.

And Bill, you can be the Pope any day in my book now! ;)

Glad you're OK,

Sounds like a terrifying experience.

stuff you see in the movies.

Hope all goes well with the insurance for you.

Thanks for the safety announcement about Seat Belts.

They do save lives!

Bud

We too are soooo Glad to hear that you survived. We too feel that there was an angel watching over you. I feel that you are a valued member of this ST family, and send support your way in your recovery process. Always get a police report of an accident no matter how trivial it may seem (yes I do speak from experience), and carry a camera in the vehicle to take on the spot pictures. See it you can get a hospital report? Go to the doctor to get completely checked out, and so your doctor can follow your progress. Please post the overview of the accident report when you get it.

Dang, it is really good to hear that you are well and recovering. I hope everything works out well.

Am so glad you came out of it in one piece and with your faculties intact. It shows that you are loved and protected by our Dear Lord from above. My thanks to Him for keeping you with us.

Jenn -- Glad you survived and that you took the time to put on your belt! More than 30 years ago, I survived an end-over-end flip + 2 rolls in a 1970 Jeep Gladiator thanks to a simple lap belt (icy road, another driver blew through a stop in front of me). The only injury I sustained was a small cut on my right shin when it hit the underside of the metal dashboard during one of the rolls.

Sure glad you're OK Jenn! You'll be sore for a while!! Don't sign any med insurance releases for a LONG time. Thank goodness you were wearing the seat belt.

There is a God and he was watching over you. My eyes teared up when I read what happened, it certainly could have been a whole different story. LaRue and I are glad that you didn't have worse injuries. Seatbelts are definitely a must, there should never be any excuse for not wearing a seatbelt or using car seats for your children.

Well, pictures tell 1000 words. Based on the pictures, I don't think I rolled several times as I was told. It looks like I rolled only part way, to be stopped by the roof above my head impacting the guard rail, at which point the car must have bounced back and rested on the passenger side. The pictures explained why I was "resting on the roof of the car" with my head and shoulder. Check out the 3rd picture, it shows how caved the roof was over my head. Thankfully, I somehow was deflected or flung out of the window to avoid that crushing blow.

Here's a picture of the car:

[Broken External Image]:

Here's a picture of where I was hit by the ranger - note the yellow paint marks:

[Broken External Image]:

Here's a picture to give perspective of what happened around my head...

[Broken External Image]:

Oh yeah, and check out those sexy new tires! Scott said the salvage yard guy even commented on them. The insurance adjuster does know about them is going to "factor" them in. We'll see.

Latest posts