I'm Kindasortaback!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Wilson

Reaction score
Hey, All...

School's over, took my State Boards today, and I'm freakin' out waiting on the results!

They should be available Friday or Saturday. Needed to come to a "Happy Place"!

By the way, Trac now has 38,996 miles (just out of warranty), and all has been good

so far. My last fill-up, mostly highway driving, averaged 22.52 m.p.g. (250 miles on 11.1

gallons). The one before that was 425 miles on 19.2 gallons for 22.13 miles per gallon.

Been runnin' the A/C for the last month non-stop, thanks to the 100 degree-plus temps,

so I can't complain on the m.p.g. I've got a slight vibration (with the passenger seat shake)

that I'm gonna have looked into here in the next few days...

Other than that, all is good!:rolleyes:

Welcome back dude and good luck.

I'm glad you mentioned the shaking / vibrating / noisy passenger seat. Anyone here figure out what it exactly is. I know many have the same condition but I don't recall seeing a fix for it.

I've tightened the seat bolts, which weren't loose, removed the headrest which didn't help and even put a peice of carpet between the console & seat which didn't help. Only way I can get it to stop is to wrap my right arm around it while driving to make it stop.

If you get it figured out Tracn', let us know.

Dave,

I've tried the "huggin' the seat thing" myself, to no avail!

Again, I haven't "curbed" it, no wrecks or off-roading accidents to cause anything broken

or bent, it just seems to have gotten worse in the last few thousand miles.

Brakes are great, parking brake included. I'm still thinkin' driveshaft!

could it just be the upper portion of the seat? maybe the connection from the base tto the top part of the seat are loose.

I too have the rattling passenger seat. After driving me insane for the past year with no obvious solution to the problem, I decided to tackle it. I've found that while I connot stop the vibration of the seat, I've found the rattle and remedied it. The rattle comes from a spring that is attached to lever that allows you to recline the seat. The spring rattles against a metal bracket on the side of the seat. You can access this spring by removing the plastic cover on the outside of the seat. I believe that there are two screw underneath (a pain to get to) and another screw toward the back. Once you've removed the cover you can isolate the spring from the bracket (I used an adhesive backed felt pad for furniture). I believe that I also bent the bracket (by hand) away from the spring, just enough to clear eachother. Hope this helps!

Thanks Nelson, I've tried fore and aft but, never up or down. Gonna have to give that a try.

Latest posts