illegle aliens

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Clary

Reaction score
Is anyone else aware that our congress is debateing the Dream act to give amnesty to millions of illegle aliens ? I oppose this. Our congress is selling out the American worker. This act will give illegals a front of the line for college spots because they will be granted minority status thus preference in college entrance and grants. They will also have an avenue to bring in thier relitives. Call your congress men and women to protest this act. It's your jobs that they will take.:soap:

Our congress is selling out the American worker.

This has been happening for years.

NAFTA, CAFTA, PNTR with China, tax breaks for corporations, one way trade deals, the list goes on.

In the end, it doesn't matter. We will re-elect these bafoons over and over again. The people don't care.

Tom

I agree with Tom on all but...

tax breaks for corporations

I'm of the idea that these generally encourage innovation and job creation. Not to mention an incentive not to leave the country.

Tom- I think the people do care.

But how can we fix a problem if we only have one tool to work with. One bafoon leaves, another takes their place. Repubs and Dems have agendas and whoever gets voted in has to get on board or they won't receive cooperation from the party for their ideas. This "if you're not with us you're against us" attitude is stalling any kind of progress that could be made to solve our problems. The party that gets voted in and has the most power has the opportunity to have their ideas put into place and shouldn't be held up because it doesn't exactly match the views of the other. Yes, the people have spoken but nobody is really listening.

Photo of governement: :argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue:

:argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue::argue:

More people ARE paying attention to what goes on in Congress now. That's why we had this back in November! :smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack::smack:

Ity said:
This act will give illegals a front of the line for college spots because they will be granted minority status thus preference in college entrance and grants. They will also have an avenue to bring in thier relitives

The best way to get into college is to excel in high school.

Don't blame illegals with the underwhelming achievements of most high school students today. Unfortunately, it seems that most parents and students put little value on academic excellence.

The buck stops with the parents of the Americans, IMHO. It's nice to think of illegals as the reason for many of our problems. They make for a good scapegoat.

TJR

I'm of the idea that these generally encourage innovation and job creation. Not to mention an incentive not to leave the country.

Not one single corporation pays one penny in taxes. That is a fact.

I am talking about tax breaks for leaving the country.

Tom

TJR,

I agree parents should be responsible for their children. So with that thought what responsibility do illegal's have to their children? Should legal Americans pay the price?

Where in the world did you get that load of @#$% from?

If you want to think that some, or even all, corporations don't pay enough taxes, or their fair share of taxes, fine--that's your right. But to claim that none of them pay any taxes at all??? That's just ludicrous!

Unless, of course, you're saying that there isn't a corporation out there that has paid EXACTLY one penny in taxes--no more and no less. Then, well, having no data to contradict you, I'd have to grant that some corporation may pay absolutely $0.00 in taxes, and most pay somewhere in the range greater than or equal to $0.02. So you may very well be right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caymen said:

Another outlandish statement from Cayment, and total BS as usual So again, I must disagree with Caymen (ya, what's new there)

My daughter is a Tax Accountant for Curves at their corporate offices here in the Waco, Tx area. Her job is to calculate and report the taxes Curves owes and pays to not only the Federal Government, but to each state and country were Curves has franchises. Her job is to insure that the corporate taxes are paid, as well insuring that all franchises are properly paying all of their taxes as well.

Over the years I have worked at several large corporations and I can assure you they pay both state and federal taxes and it is a considerable amount of moeny.

Yes, some corporations may be about to shelter some of the tax burden, but number of corporations that pay little or NO taxes, are very few and are the exceptions and not the rule. That is not to say that many corporations don't get some big tax incentives that many small businesses or individuals cannot get.

Perhaps we should give corporations and small businesses a tax break based on the number of emoplyees they hire, the salary they pay them and the annual increase in jobs and salary they create. Hmmm I wonder if Washington is listening !!

...Rich

Well, that is an astounding revelation. I guess since there are no taxes paid, there would be no accounting reports that would prove your assertion, so I'll take your word that this is an absolute, undisputed fact. Thanks for passing along that knowledge. With this fact, I can feel the burden of funding our government even more now. No wonder we're in such debt. They've been spending trillions, and only taxing the peasants. It all makes sense now.

I am talking about tax breaks for leaving the country.

Wait, now I'm confused! What taxes are they seeking breaks from by leaving the country? They pay no taxes, yet they leave the U.S. to pay less than zero taxes somewhere else? I think my calculator must be broken, this isn't adding up.

The best way to get into college is to excel in high school.

I agree completely. If you work hard and make education important in your life, why do you care who sits in the class beside you and how much they paid to be there? I'd be rather embarrassed to think that I was denied admission to a college because an illegal immigrant got in over me with all the advantages YOU DO HAVE as an American citizen. You either aren't smart enough or didn't work hard enough. Confess to one of those. Anyone in the U.S. who uses money as an excuse for not furthering their education says to me that they just didn't make education a priority.

Stop stirring the pot!! :back2topic: if you please. Should illegal immigrants be granted automatic citizenship? I for one, do no want to see that happen. The normal channels for citizenship must be enforced, they can stay if they want to, just do it legally. I mean Austrailia only allows 25,000 immigrants per year to become citizens. Not a bad rule. Bob

Another outlandish statement from Cayment, and total BS as usual So again, I must disagree with Caymen (ya, what's new there)

Thats right. Ford Motor Company has never paid one penny in corporate tax. Yes, as hard as it is to believe, Ford simply puts the taxes they "pay" and places it into the cost of the goods they sell. In the end, you and I pay every single penny of corporate taxes.

If you move production out of the country, you should be required to double the taxes you make your customers pay, therefore not making it business wise to leave the country.

We all win that way. As usual, Rich turns this into a personal attack towards me.

Rich, you truly are a jerk.

Tom

Caymen,

I did not do a personal attack on you. But you decide to call me a Jerk?? I think everyone here knows who they jerk is around here. I sure by now that if you look up the word jerk in the dictionary they have your picture there.

I disagreed with your typical stupid statement that "Not one single corporation pays one penny in taxes. That is a fact." That's not a fact that is pure BS. I can name 3 corporations that I worked for that paid taxes.

You claim that Ford has not paid a penny in taxes, so prove it!! Where did you get your information? I'm sure Ford did not call you and tell you what they paid or did not pay in taxes. Corporations can deduct many things including cost of raw materials and goods to manufacture their products because corporations are taxed on their profits...But corporations also pay sales taxes, import taxes and other taxes associated with the raw materials they buy and it's only proper that they past those costs on to the customer. Every business does that and they don't have to be a corporation.

My LeverLift company charged the customers for the cost of the parts I purchased, their shipping, sales taxes, My time and labor, and I added a profit on top of that. That's how business works.

Perhaps you need to go back to school to learn some basic business economics...for you that would be back to about the 3rd grade, since you don't play well with other either.

...Rich

Ford simply puts the taxes they "pay" and places it into the cost of the goods they sell. In the end, you and I pay every single penny of corporate taxes.

Maybe kindergarden would be a good start for you since you have not learned how to read...

Tom

Ok, Bob. :back2topic: I agree. Enforce all laws as written. Any other "migration" of this size would be considered an invasion. The drug violence at the borders has in effect made it a violent seizure of American land. We can just continue to ignore it because its a political sore spot for both major parties, though. I believe that is how it will continue to play out, unfortunately.

I thought my comments about education were on topic, though. It is irrelevant who goes to college, IMO. College has been made a commodity in this country and who receives it, who pays for it, and the citizenship status of those involved is irrelevant, IMO. Citizenship and purchasing education is no more important to me than citizenship to buy a Big Mac. And make no mistake, college is a purchasable commodity. So, I don't think the education part is relevant to the amnesty debate.

Neither is the "stealing our jobs" argument. Make yourself more valuable than a poorly educated, low-skilled, desperate enough to cross a desert, Mexican. If you are losing your job to illegal immigrants, you either think your skills are worth more than they are, or you are lazy. Again, JMO.

I oppose illegal immigration and amnesty for illegals for two reasons alone.

1. "ILLEGAL"

2. We can't afford our entitlement programs as is. We can't add to it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hugh,

I oppose for one simple reason, one that you mentioned above.

They broke the law. Illegal.

Open and shut case.

Tom

My daughter is in college this year. She graduated with a 4.3, from High school. Some colleges wouldn't look at her, and her diverse background she EARNED, because she wasn't a "quota" other than being female. I have busted my ass to teach her, that hard work pays. How do I explain that everything I've taught her is BS. Our GOVERNMENT is the one proving this by allowing criminals to "get ahead.". These criminals have kids, and THEY are allowed to benefit? Isn't this how our country got into this economical crisis? By not being responsible for our actions. Everyone WANTED a huge home, on a small salary. Let's blame the credit card companies for GIVING credit. They didn't TELL me about payments, I thought it was free money.... D U M B!!!! No self responsibility.. I live in Miami.. I know people that obtained their citizenship into the U.S. They speak ZERO English.... The interview was given in Spanish..... W T F.... This nation is pathetic. This big business mentality at the cost of the employee stretches to all facets of this country.. Close the borders, I'm tired of paying to educate an illegal. My wife got an incredible offer to head up her company from Europe. I've never been more excited to exit this mess. The biggest concern is how to ship the ST there without getting raped with import fees.. Let me brush up my Spanish and ill come visit the "New" Mexico that our politicians are turning this country into, to get more votes... Adios America

Latest posts