I'll keep posting it cheaper 'til someone buys it!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tig OBit

Reaction score
I have an NEC LCD4000 brnad new in the box, ready to ship. Just need a buyer! This sells for $5000.00 all over the internet but having a hard time getting anyone to make an offer. It is a 40" HD LCD flat panel, black in color. I have one I use myself and it is awesome! Someone make me an offer over $1000.00 and I'll probably let you have it. Shipping will be $60-70 approx.

Sounds like a scam to me????????????????? what does everyone else think? Don't do it.......anything that sounds too good to be true...................IS.

I'll post some pics today. No problem. It's not a scam. I just can't find a buyer for such a high priced item. I will even do payment through escrow.com or whatever for the buyer to make the buyer comfortable.

tig-o-bit,

It may not be a scam, but most smart people get suspicious when someone offers to sell a brand new $5000 item for only $1000. I'm thinking you would have better luck on ebay using their escrow service. Start the item at $1000 with no reserve. be sure to include insurance in your shipping charges.

...Rich

Well, here's the problem. Noone is posting them on ebay right now. I've priced it around the $3500 dollar range and I've actually had people try to scam me. I wouldn't pay $5000 and neither will anyone else. Now I'm pricing it too low and noone believes it. If you are interested in it, what do you think it is worth? What would you pay for it? I will post some pics when my wife gets home with the digital camera. This is not a scam. I'm willing to work with someone who wants to buy in any way that they feel comfortable.

tig-o-bit,

I'm not in the market, just offering a suggestion. When you sound too anxious to sell the item at a major loss, you are not helping your situation. That makes people very suspicious and the only ones it attracts are other scammers who are hoping to force you into selling it to them on their terms so they can get the item without paying you anything.

If you use the escrow service, they would not be able to scam you. If you start at $1000 they can bid the price up as high as they want to pay. That won't make you appear too anxious

Make it clear that you will only deal through an escrow service. You may even want to get a local shop to test it and apraise it along with verifying the serrial number as proof of the condition prior to shipping. That would help you prove that you did not ship a defective item and that any damage occured during shipping and the delivery service's insurance would be responsible to pay. That's why it's critical to get the package insured. Also ship using a service with an online tracking system. Only ship the item to a US address and if you use PayPal, insure that the ship-to address is verified.

...Rich

Latest posts