If I turn the gain down I lose bass and the noise, but I want bass.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn Couture

Reaction score
If I turn the gain down I lose bass and the noise, but I want bass.

Feed back from radio when I shut the radio off it is comming from the bass speaker. I just added a sub and amp but when the radio is off I still get a noise from the speaker sub. What would cause this? it is fine when the radio is on.

Could this have anything to do with me changing the factory single cd to a Factory 6 disc from ford? Please help. I put the single cd radio back in and it does not make the sound, but as soon as I put the 6 disc in it has feedback whe the radio is clicked off and I drive it echos and it comes from the bass speaker.

Feed back from radio when key turned off.... I just added a sub and amp but when the radio is off I still get a voom noise from the speaker sub. What would cause this?

DYohn

Posts: 5,849 Posted: April 28, 2006 at 10:46 AM - IP Logged

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure it is not feedback, unless you have a microphone in your system. I suspect either your gain is way too high or the signal to the sub amp is bad - are you using the speaker level inputs to the amp? Are you using a LOC?

Support the12volt.com

shawn9766

Rookie

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I added an after market sub and amp to my single disc with tape deck ford factory radio, it works great, but then I changed to a factory ford pioneer six disc stereo and I am getting the loud gain noise. I never got that from the other stereo. If I turn the gain down I lose bass and the noise, but I want bass.

Feed back from radio when key turned off.... I just added a sub and amp but when the radio is off I still get a voom noise from the speaker sub. What would cause this?

DYohn

Posts: 5,849 Posted: April 28, 2006 at 11:16 AM - IP Logged

You must match the gain to the output from the head unit. When a head unit (or anything else in the signal chain) changes, amplifier gain(s) must be reset to match. There's your problem, it needs to be set correctly. Use the SEARCH function for "gain" in the topic and there are several short tutorials on this forum.

Support the12volt.com

shawn9766

Rookie

I thank you very much for your help. I am new and this really means a lot. I have been trying for the past few days to figure this out. It works correctly on the single disc factory cd player but not on the 6 disc factory player?? All the hook ups just plug right in as well. Thank for the quick response to my listing.

DYohn

Shawnn, I may be wrong but your problem could be because you are taking out a single STOCK cd player and putting in a 6 disc amped cd player. Look at the back of the players. I know I've seen them before where the 6-discs actually had a small amp (no sh*t) on the back of them. I've heard of them called "Stealth" radios because they put out the higher wattage without anyone finding an amp. I know it sounds like a load, butI swear I've seen them. So what could be happening to you is you actually have 2 amps going when you have the 6-disc in.;)

Are you using a LOC (line output converter)? If you're using a factory stereo your going to need a LOC. You will set your gain according to the LOC output. If you're not satisfied with the power of the at that point then it's time to look into a stronger amp. You can turn up the gain a bit more. If you don't push the volume to excess you shouldn't have any concerns with noise. I would also suggest making sure your grounds are clean and solid.

Latest posts