Idling promblem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric Brandon

Reaction score
When my trac is cold is idles perfect but on the other hand when its warm it seems as if it is starving for something, the trucks just starts to shake but the rpms is great at 1000rpm.

Itslike a surging IDLE

Last edited by a moderator:
So when it is started col, it idles at or above 1k rpm, then after it warms up, it idles down and idles rough?

clean the IAC

Go to a parts store that reads codes, see if any come up. The light might be out or just not putting it on. I would clean the IAC, TB, MAF, that should help, check the elbow as well. Depending on how many miles you have it might be time for a tune up but start with the cleaning as stated above. It should idle about 1k rpm on a cold start then warm up and regular idle is 750rpm. Keep us updated so we can further determine the causes and solutions.:banana::smile0012:

I was checking the pcv elbow and it is cracked so going to parts store to get a hose. I will let you asll know if it fixed the issue.

I was checking the pcv elbow and it is cracked so going to parts store to get a hose. I will let you asll know if it fixed the issue.

Sport trac man

You'll end up at the Ford dealer unless you have a Motorcraft distributor local. Here are the numbers: KCV-190 Motorcraft or 4L5Z-6758-HA Ford.

28c0b49d56306bc8d7b2f9a95900b5e0.jpg

o'reilly Had the elbow in stock for only 7$. I put it on and cleaned the IAC and no more promblems. Thanks for the help guys. :banana:

Ebock, is the elbow you got for gas and oil. Or is it a water pump bypass. If a WBP hose it may not last. Oil will saturate it and vaccum will colapse it.

Latest posts