Idle problem

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Teitell

Reaction score
Last weekend i cleaned my throttle body, cleaned the IAC, also did Seafoam Intake Cleaning and cleaned my engine and made it all shiny...my truck rides great while in gear. But while in park and idling it starts at 1000rpm then shifts up to 1300rpm then makes a noise and drops back down hen up again. I can;t figure out if it did it before and i never realized it or not, any reason why it would do this? I did notice the noise is coming from a pulley under one of my belts, it stops and starts.

Thanks

look forward to your comments

Last edited by a moderator:
Disconect the negetive cable for 19 minutes with the engine cold. AC off, Start it up and dont touch the gas peddle until idling to normal temp. It will give the computer a chance to relearn proper idle.

I tried that not too long ago and when i came back to my truck that battery died. I just had my battery check and it was good just needed some corrosion cleaned off. but after it died and i started my truck it was going crazy i was driving around the block and it was raddling like crazy and anytime i left off the gas it sounded as it was gonna die, but has not done anything like that since.

That's what i was thinking that maybe water got into somewhere when i cleaned and degressed the engine. i unplugged and replugged all my fuses and thinks got back to normal besides the idling.

Latest posts