Ideas on securing custom sub/amp wall to back of ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Stewart

Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to build my own sub box and amp walls/racks for my two Image Dynamics 8" subs, and two MTX amps. Have a real nice design planned but want to know how some of you who built your own secured your boxes/walls to the back of the ST. I really don't want to drill into the ST and have read about people using industrial grade velcro, plus it will be held by the back seat but I do not want any loose vibrating of the enclosure wall/amp racks. Suggestions please :)

I was hoping someone else may chime in before me. The Velcro would be probably the only option if you aren't wanting to drill into the Trac. I agree with you on the no drilling option. I wouldn't want to either. Plus with the velcro, it makes the box easily removable if you need to work on it or take it out for any reason. You may still get alittle vibration with the velcro though.;)

i would drill a couple of holes and mount it properly.

you can always get some uphostery buttons to put in the holes if you ever decide to remove it.

industrial velcro works well, but i have seen the tape not hold after a while.

Think I found the solution, but will have to wait until this weekend to find out for sure. I'll use the three child-carrier attachment brackets since I don't ever use them (no babies) ... three of them spaced evenly across the back of the ST. Then, fab a strap-device to attach to the enclosures. May still require one or two drill points but that should be it but I'll still do all I can to avoid drilling ;)

Latest posts