Ice Liquid Clay Bar and Ice Syn Wax

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blert

1st Gen Owner
2 wheel drive
2001 job 2
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Spent the day cleaning up the Trac today. Wanted to get some pics up but I can't seem to find my camera. :(

Anyway... That Ice Liquid Clay Bar is good stuff. It's a really good cleaner but, if you use it, do yourself a favor and get rid of any bug squishes with Bug-Off or something as it takes some serious elbow grease to get stuck-on stuff off with it. I first washed the truck as usual and then went at it with the Liquid Clay Bar. I did half the hood and then took a step back to ponder... What a difference. The cleaned half was a nice bright white, the other half was a dull off-white. Really good stuff.

The Ice Syn Wax is really good stuff too. I did the Murano last week and it looked great. The truck looks very nice today after a good coat of the stuff. You can use this stuff on anything (rubber, plastic, etc...) with no cruddy residue to clean up after. It does a real good job of shining and protecting the clading, bed-'liner', and rubber window trim.

Well worth the money spent on the product. Btw, the bottle of Liquid Clay Bar will last a long time... It only took an ounce, or so, to do the entire truck.

Wanted to get a second coat of wax on it but seeing as it is ~5pm in Florida it's time for our nightly thunderstorm. I'll put a second coat on next week and get some pics up.

The Ice hepled me sell my '01 trac. The buyer said it looked like it had been garage kept for the entire time I had it. I told him about the ICE and he discounted it as being the reason. I bet the first time it rained and washed the ICE off the cladding he put it back on...

I'm still waiting to finish with my current polish before spending the money on the ICE wax, but I will stick with my regular claybar.;)

karma police, what's wrong with synthetic wax? You don't have a problem with synthetic oil do you?:D

On another forum a few are saying the ice clay bar is not good especially compared to a real clay bar.

Probably true, but it does happen to be a very good cleaner and stain remover. It also does not require much effort to clean an entire vehicle. As for it's claim that it is able to fix minor funks in the clear-coat... That's pretty much up in the air. My truck does look much better than it ever has and it has gone through a number of wash/waxes since I bought it.

Latest posts