IAC Valve clean (with photos)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Hatch

Reaction score
Howdy all,

First I would like to thank (I think it is) Todd, for the IAC valve guide in the Projects section. Second, on with the photos, yes? They may be large, as I think my phone is setup to take 1920x1080 photos.. at least you'll see all the details. Trac is at 170.xxx miles, and I haven't cleaned it yet until today, and that's 3 years with the Trac. All for now, nothing below here except photos in the order I went, and I didn't take pictures of putting it back together. :banana: :supercool:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

That white spot on the fourth photo, on the bottom by the valve is the clean spot where I got the q-tip dirty.. Had to go back into the house for more q-tips... 4 wasn't enough..

Nice job, but you almost used all your library storage on those six pics. Should be able to re-scale them 50% or smaller on another computer. Please? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
These photos may be worse than waterboarding! Too bad that Guantanamo was closed down because the prisoners could have been forced to view these photos for 8 hours straight.

Sorry James H, but I couldn't resist. :grin:

I don't believe the carbon build-up hinders the IAC function as much as cleaning off the the plunger and seat does. But it's good to be anal while you're in there.

Latest posts