iac maf

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Bartman

Reaction score
Hello I have a 2007 v6 trac and I was wondering where the iac and maf are located on the newer tracs and do they have the elbow that cracks and if so where is that located I have a rough idle I and trying to fix thanks John

Mass airflow sensor (maf) is located in the air intake tube between air filter box and the engine throttle body; it's got an electrical plug connection. I believe the IAC in on the throttle body itself. I'm not sure if Gen2 V6 has the EGR elbow gremlin; maybe others will chime in. Check this site's Projects section for DIY tips. To help solve rough-running issues most people here want to know more info about your Trac, primarily miles on it, service history, 2wd/4wd, etc. Easiest and quickest thing to look at is your engine air filter; replace if it's questionable. Harder job is fuel filter, but if your engine's running rough you've got to eliminate fuel supply restriction. Spark plugs are probably next. Have at it and let us know your progress.

I just worked on my Gen 2 air intake system today. Vic has got the basics right. The IAC and MAF are where you would find them on most vehicles. The MAF is on the inboard side of the intake tube just behind the filter housing. Can't miss it. Only electrical plug on the intake tube. The IAC is on the back side of the throttle body. Vic missed on the fuel filter though. It's the easiest fuel filter to change on any vehicle I have ever owned. Just a flathead screwdriver and 10mm socket. Helps to lift the truck but not a must. I did mine on ramps. Check back tomorrow. I will do a full write up on it.

Good info on the fuel filter etoften; my reasoning is that given the relatively long service intervals on fuel filters most DIYers are unfamiliar/reluctant with how to change them. For most of us it's a messy job with certifiable fire hazard if you're not careful. It's an important piece of the puzzle but one that's commonly overlooked. Love to see your write-up.

Latest posts