I would buy another, if I could...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blksn8k

Reaction score
I really wish Ford offered something new along the lines of my 2007 ST. Last weekend I towed my 99 Cobra in my 18 foot enclosed trailer from Akron, OH to west central PA to a house I just bought over there. While the load was probably pushing the advertised tow rating of my truck it really performed beyond my expectations. I could even stay ahead of and pass most of the semis in the PA hills on I-80. Awesome little truck. Again, it is a shame we can't buy anything like this new. I have no idea what I will do when it comes time to replace it. 95% of the time I have no use for an F-150 and I really want to buy another Ford but they sure are making it tough to do.

I really don't see how the gen 2 st is significantly smaller than the f150. I think Ford is moving in the right direction here, 4 average adult male Americans might actually fit into a crew cab f150. Doing that in my st is like riding in a clown car...or a nissan ultima.

:btddhorse::btddhorse:

I wish Ford still offered a real suv or a real cargo van, but it's like spitting into the wind.

I disagree. My ST fits in my one car garage without folding the mirrors or any other silly gyrations. Can't say that about an F-150. I've tried. Don't fit. Oh yeah, and I have carried FIVE adults in my gen 2 with no complaints from any of them. The gen 1 was a four door cab slapped on a Ranger SC chassis. Totally different, and smaller animal. If I could buy a 2012 Sport Trac I would. Today. Also can't say that about an F-150.

The '01 is creeping up on being a classic. Just do a restoration and tell everyone you did a restoration on a classic vehicle.

I'm sorry, but my friends and family aren't giants and we do not really fit more than 3 on the st. There's no way that five 6 foot Americans can fit in the st, not safely, and not without complaining, unless they are stoics. The middle seat in any 3 seat bench is for small children only. It's an unwritten rule.

Do you have a tiny garage? My gen 1 st fits in my ancient one car garage with a few feet to spare on all sides.

@Rodger, do what I did, Buy a good used one. I gave my 2001 to my son and got a 2009 STA. My Gen 1 Job2 has many more good years on it. He'll enjoy it.

I too do not know what I will do when it comes time to replace my '01 job 2 ST.

Me either. I'd like to get a Gen 2 V8 4x4 ST, but they're getting harder and harder to find. So I'm really starting to lean towards getting a used Edge or Lincoln MKX in the next year or two.

I feel the same way as you folks. I have driven a new F150. they are HUGE, ridiculous in fact. I believe all the half tonnes from all manufactures have been sized out of usefulness, you can't park them properly in a mall parking lot, they don't fit in smaller garages, they eat gas.. and so on. Not everyone that wants a truck needs to carry five six foot adults and an haul 11,000lb trailer!

I know we are all brand loyal and want to buy Ford again, but I suggest to anyone that is looking for NEW to go drive a new Tacoma. Your not going to get heated seats or sunroof, but you will get a very nice truck to drive, that is good on gas and will outlast it's owner and retain a very high resale value. I'm keeping my 2004 ST until it won't go anymore, but when it does eventually die I'll walk to the nearest Toyota dealer...

I feel the same way as you folks. I have driven a new F150. they are HUGE, ridiculous in fact. I believe all the half tonnes from all manufactures have been sized out of usefulness, you can't park them properly in a mall parking lot, they don't fit in smaller garages, they eat gas.. and so on. Not everyone that wants a truck needs to carry five six foot adults and an haul 11,000lb trailer!

I know we are all brand loyal and want to buy Ford again, but I suggest to anyone that is looking for NEW to go drive a new Tacoma. Your not going to get heated seats or sunroof, but you will get a very nice truck to drive, that is good on gas and will outlast it's owner and retain a very high resale value. I'm keeping my 2004 ST until it won't go anymore, but when it does eventually die I'll walk to the nearest Toyota dealer...

Latest posts