I won!!!, I won!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gordon Tucker

Reaction score
The arbitrator for my case against Ford has ruled in my Favor. I claimed that fords shocks are weak/worn and that caused my tires to cup.

1-The Arbitrator has ordered the Manufacturer to reimburse me for two invoices 1-to check the shocks $57 and 2 - Aligment I didn't need $55

2-ordered ford to do a complete diagnostic test on the shocks, provide me with a printout of the results and a copy of the manufactures standards and replace if neccessary at no cost to me.

3-- complete a diagnostic test relating to tsb 05-11-11 and preform any corrections neccessary at no cost to me.

4- replace all 4 tires on this vehicle, if the consumer is prepared to share the cost of the replacement tires based on what would be normal wear on tires on a vehicle with 47,000 kms

the complete decision is 7 pages long but if anyone is interested , i could possible copy and paste it on this site.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

If Ford gets enough of these, maybe they will quit putting crappy shocks on their products.

Moose,

In any of those 7 pages was there a "gag clause" that requires you not to discuss your the details of settlement with others?

If not, then post away, because this could end up being the equivalent of a legal precedent.

Ford, IMHO, had been putting criminally unsafe shocks on their older ST models.

TJR

Their is a gag clause on settlements, at least one a friend had with his Toyota Camry. I would be very careful......

replace all 4 tires on this vehicle, if the consumer is prepared to share the cost of the replacement tires based on what would be normal wear on tires on a vehicle with 47,000 kms

So in total, you will get $112, some free diagnostic tests and a new set of CrapYear tires, for which you will probably have to pay 80% of the cost of those new tires.

Happy it all worked out for you! Please read the 7 pages in full..or take it to an attorney...make sure your interest IS covered and that there is no "gag clause" as the others have stated.

Congrats to you and the accomplishment!

Its not so much about what i won, but about the fact that i won against ford. However, I agree with Gene that its probly cheeper for ford to pay the few lawsuits that they lose.

My joy is being able to bring it back to the dealer/service manager and telling them that they have to do something about it. Not being brushed aside. Getting the money back will bring me joy because it rubs it in their face.

Lets see, Ford will have to test the shocks. I already know how this will turn out.

The shocks are within Ford specifications. The shocks are not adequate for the weight of the Sport Trac. They are not bad, they just not enough. Ford will pay you for some previous tests you had before this.

Ford will fix anything that needs fixed.

You get to pay a prorated tire cost.

I say you walk away with a few hours of your life you missed out of a a few hundred bucks in your pocket.

Here is what I did. I replaced my shocks with aftermarket shocks, get an alignment kit, and had it professionally aligned. No cupping, no bad ride.

Took a few hours out of my life and I was able to put 80,000 kilometers on my OEM tires. I am now at 145,000 kilometers and not having ANY tire or shock issues.

Your shocks were never bad, they are just too weak for the aplication.

Tom

This is a quote from the arbitrator " I am concluding that the problem leading to the CUPPED TIRES is a DIRECT result of the MANUFACTURES DEFECTIVE WORKMANSHIP or materials on this vehicle.

Caymen; I don't think you get the point. Its not about what I'm getting, The Manufactureer is being told that their Workmanship is poor.

The Manufacturer would love for all of us to turn a blind eye and buy our own parts. They get away with supplying cheap parts , even to the point of being dangerous. Weak shocks contribute to rollovers

moosehunter,

I understand where you are coming from. You will get new tires, possibly new Ford shocks, and an alignment.

In a short period of time, you will have cpped tires with a bouncy ride.

What did you accomplish?

Tom

Sometimes it's just good to win a battle. Maybe this is just the first step in getting Ford to admit it's putting crap on some of it's vehicles. I had no problem with buying new aftermarket shocks for my 02 because I paid less then 20k for my Trac. The people that I feel sorry for are the ones that got all the bells and whistles and paid closer to 30k for their Tracs, and still got the same oem crap. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the Trac is a 20k vehicle and nothing more.

Latest posts