I think I'm gonna do it

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well, I went in to trade my 03 sporttrac for an 05 Trac with leather and a sunroof. I think I'm walking out with a 2005 F-150 Lariat with leather, sunroof, step rails, and bed cover for about $2000 more.

I get the A-plan discount (not the advertised special) with $3000 cash back plus my trade in and I'm looking at $28,000 (with tax). The loaded Trac with tax and all was going to be around 26,500 with the same A-plan discount. The Aplan discount took about 6 grand off of the F150 and 3 grand off of the Trac.

I love my Trac but the F-150 is heaven. If I decide to do it I'll post some pictures.

I'll have some Trac equipment to sell as well. Brush Guard, bed mat, bed extender, seat covers, etc.

I work at a dealer! Lots of F150s in for repairs (major). I like the looks but.... Whatever decision you make we are with you! P.S. only my selfish thinking though. I love tracs! :wub:

Rusty, if you go through with it let me know how much you want for the rubber bed mat and we'll figure something out. My freind just got a f-150 fx4, sweet truck. Hope it works out for ya.

I too noticed how close to price a loaded F150 goes against a loaded Sport Trac. Unfortunately for me, a trade-in would not be a very smart move financially. On the other hand, I've had my Trac exactly a year this month, and if I weren't so in love with it, I'd probably trade her in for an F150 under family plan plus rebates.

Lariats look awesome and I like the options you're getting, Rusty. Goodluck!

Dan, what kind of major repairs are some 150s coming in for?

Thanks for the responses. Downunder Dan, my question to you is the same as FlipTrac. What kinds of issues are you seeing? You mentioned major. I am curious. Are they Ford defects are just abuse by drivers. I am anal when it comes to my vehicles. I do everything myself, checking fluids regularly, changing oil with only Mobile1 Synthetic, etc. Are there certain models, engines, trannies, etc. that you are seeing a pattern with?

I've had my Trac since May of 03 and had Zero problems whatsoever. I've put 51k miles on it in a little over two years. I drive about 80 miles a day to a from work. I don't want to trade a reliable Trac for one that has problems. Personally, I have heard nothing but good things about the F150, but I'm not on the inside like you are. Thanks for your comments.

Rusty-I ended up with a 05 F150 Screw when I went in to look last winter. F150online.com is a good source for info on the F150. There are issues with certain 04 models and vibration issues. 05s seem to be doing pretty good. Mine had the E-brake lock up, the cam phaser replaced (caused engine knock noise) and one more thing that I can't even remember right now.

Rusty, good luck to ya. That would be tough for me now. When I bought the track, the F-150 was in no way near my budget. Now, im very greatful it wasnt as I love my st but I may have felt the same way about the f150 too. This was my first new ride in 11 years and its very exciting shopping for one, have fun!

Rusty, Tracnblack, here...I currently work for G.M. in Spring Hill TN. Just traded in my

2002 Silverado Limited for my ST. Take this as an honest opinion. They (the factories)

ALL have their certian quality issues. My 2002 Silverado, for example, had the piston slap

issue (check out the web-site), door fit, rear suspension squeak, ride height,steering

column rattle, abs malfunction codes, and the infamous 4L60-E transmission harsh-or-

no shift from 1st to 2nd codes (VERY common on these models). Go with what you

like. I drove my Silverado hard, but maintained it well. Mobil 1, Grease, wash, loving

care, etc.. Overall, I was very happy with it, but just me, having three grandkids in 4

years, a 2-door short box truck just didn't have the room I needed. Best advice...

stick with the honest and experienced opinions of those on this site, research what

you are looking for, fit it in your budget, and do the maintenance regularly on whatever

you get(keep records, too, just to C.Y.A). TnB...

Hey there tracnblack. We're neighbors. I live in Lebanon TN and work in Brentwood. I did alot of research last night and I'm going with the F150. It really has nothing to do with the SportTrac because I can honestly say that the Trac has been the best vehicle I have ever owned. But being in the car so much, about 3 hours a day in travel I just want something that is plush on the inside, rides great, and IS A TRUCK. I know it's hard to get all 3 of those in a truck, but the F150 is as close to a car ride as I've found.

Tracnblack, if you want to buy a grill guard that is only 6 months old, let me know. There are pictures in my library. I paid almost $500 for it and I'll take $225 for it with the lights. Since you live close I can meet you somewhere. Same goes for anyone else in the Nashville area. I also have a bed extender that I'll part with for $65 to a local Nashville person and a K&N regular air filter with 10k miles on it for $30 and I'll include a recharge kit that has half left.

Thanks to all of you at this forum. It's made owning the Trac even more fun and expensive. LOL

Hi to you all I also live just behind the Saturn plant in Spring Hill.I am a Project Manager for an electrical company that has a contract at the Spring hill plant.

My wife always wanted a Caddy CTS well after just 1 year she decided she liked being up high in the SUV or a truck better we now own a 2005 Sport Trac XLT Premium with everything and we love it.

Do you still have the bed extender my sister wants one for her ST and they will be here this weekend from Ohio.What else do you have left

You can e-mail me If you have the extender She will take it

:D

rusty-

I work in Brentwood (Cool Springs Area) and will take the bed extender if it is still available.

Last edited by a moderator: