I Phone

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Smith

Reaction score
Has anyone got the new I Phone yet?:cool:

Ours (1 for me and 1 for the wife) will be delivered here on Friday of this week. We ordered ours from the local AT&T store last Saturday, the day after they came out. This way of ordering was suppose to be faster then thru Apple on line. I have been able to take it for a test drive so to speak. It is one cool phone, music player, video player, movie viewer, picture taker with photo album, e-mail and internet browers from anywhere, anytime.:p

Now my sporttrac .com is always available no matter where I am.:wub:

I made the wife so happy I have her permission to buy any and all mods for the ST that I want. Major brownie points.:D

Mark S

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a pretty amazing phone, as long as you got it working. Ltsmith, how do you know it's coming on friday? They are supposed to be backordered for a couple of weeks. They were supposed to ship on Monday, but on Saturday it came out they've been backordered. Just wondering if you know something I don't. Thanks.

I remember when the Motorola Star Tac phone came out in '97 or '98. I think people were standing in line to pay over $600 for them. They were one of the first, small, cellphones that folded like the Star Trek communicator, back when people were used to smaller brick phones.

I didn't rush right out and get one. Finally got my first small Samsung LG which I still have a few years later at no cost...thrown in with the plan.

Within two years the base iPhone will get thrown for free in with plans. Yeah, I know, many will say "it will never happen", but "never" is a long time.

TJR

Seems pretty cool but not for $500-$600. I'm happy with my RAZR since I just use it to call people and to receive calls and it cost me nothing.

My dad works for the EPA in DC and he said the government is thinking about dropping Blackberrys for the Iphones so hopefully I can get his Blackberry when that happens.

I have an Ipod already and also do not IM people, I have a Mapquest app on my phone, I don't need to check the internet when I'm not at home and I hardly ever check my e-mail so this phone for me would be useless but someone might need all that.

If you really need it, I suppose thats cool. $500 to $600 is outrageous.

All I need is a phone but it is getting hard to find just a phone. Cell phone stores around me wont carry the base phones...:huh:

A couple of people I work with have them. (I'm in advertising, so everyone's a Mac addict) I have to say, they're impressive.

I'll likely wait until the price comes down and the bugs get worked out before I bite the bullet and get one, but it's an amazing piece of technology.

Wow this is a tough group, glad I'm not a comedian. Ha ha

To the Boss I have a tracking number on both phones from Fed-X, and they are on the truck in route with a delivery date for 7/6/07.

Yes I like to buy new electronic things when they are nearly new or just been introduced, HD Satellite, 8th generation Plasma HD TV, PSP, Playstation 3, HP Media Center PC, Toshiba notebook, don't need any of them just wanted them, so I got them. Some people prefer motorcycles, 4 wheelers, jet ski's, boats, campers. Different toys for different boys, Some people are lucky enough to get them all.

I prefer the 2005 ST over the 2007 or one would be setting in the drive way now.

Mark S

Last edited by a moderator:
The wifi/edge is pretty fast. I'm on it right now and no problems surfing the net. The keyboard is sometimes hard to use but overall its a great product. I do wish you could use some of your music as ringtones. Im the same way about new electronics.

T'is a nifty toy for sure. I won't be thinking about buying one until it's cracked.

'DVD Jon' has already hacked it so that activation is not necessary (though you can't make calls on it... yet). http://news.yahoo.com/s/nf/20070705/tc_nf/53591;_ylt=Aod9jKEM3PLCiAOLL4pxBn8jtBAF

I'll wait until the next hardware revision. Then I'll wait for the hackers to have their way with it. If they can get it to run homebrew applications it will for sure be on my must buy list.

Ya, but check out this video of a guy at my work.. He was making a call when his monitor and USB accessory started to freak out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBzeJsWUE4

Slide it to 1:01 to see what an iPhone does, if you don't care to see what other phones do (Which is nothing)

I wouldn't put that thing to my head!

-Tgif

Got the I Phones and we both like them enough to keep them. Cell phone is whole lot better on the edge network compared to the GSM phones. The I Pod and video player has better resolution then the PSP. The internet is very good on WI FI and good enough on the Edge network. So its internet in your pocket 24/7. Text message is good. You tube videos are crystal clear. E-mail is also very good. All in all a great product. My apple a day will keep the boredom away.

Mark S

Latest posts