I need "sound" advice.....

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Roncarati

Reaction score
Sorry for another off topic post, but I am in the market for a set of headphones for my Ipod touch. Does anyone own a good pair they can recommend? I've been researching for the last 2 hours and haven't come up with anything. Like to keep it at or below $100. Not sure if I want ear buds or over the ear. Any comments are appreciated! Thanks!

Headphones / earbuds are just like speakers. What sounds good to one person, sounds like crap to another. Main thing is that they sound and fit to your preference.

Could look around here and go by reviews if you'd like.

http://www.bose.com/controller?url=/shop_online/headphones/audio_headphones/around_ear_headphones/index.jsp

i have these and i love them although i would consider them overpriced.

I use some sort of sony earbuds I recieved as a gift with my nano. I prefer earbuds over headphones because the earbuds eliminate the surrounding ambient noise...especially good when at the gym or walking around town. Another reason earbuds are great too is since it's placed directly in the ear canal, you don't have to turn the volume up that much, which may prolong battery life.

Earbuds are awesome :cool:

I agree with Hawaiian ST,

I went out and bought a pair of Sony earbuds after My iPod headphones went to crap. They are great at cutting out ambient noise. I use them while snowboarding, at the gym, and and sometimes while I'm working (if the office is busy). They are also useful for when I want to go to sleep and my room mates are still up partying.

st

I looked into the Bose, but IMO, Bose are the Nike of headphones.

Bose are good for an entry-level "better" sound experience, but for the price, there are far better headphones.

I ended up buying Shure and use them daily.

Pricing starts just under $100. I'd look into them if I were you. I went with their entry-level set personally. . .

Here's the Shure site, but I'd bet you could find them cheaper at amazon, etc.

Thanks everyone. There are so many out there, and so many reviews that as soon as I see anything negative I don't want to buy them. I went with the advice of Hawaiian and shaun, and went with earbuds. I'm replacing a pair of Sony over the ear NC headphones that I was never really that impressed with. thanks justkevin, I researched the Shures and ordered the following from Amazon.

Trust me, you won't regret it.

I went with their base model, the SE110.

I use mine at the office where they just remodeled and now have the "bull pin" floor plan.

I can't hear a thing other than a slight murmur and thats only when people are right by my office.

Congrats!

Latest posts