I need some recomendations:

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carl TuckerJr

Reaction score
I know it has been a while since I have left a message on the board but I am having a 2004 Sport Trac Adrenalin concern that I seed some advice.

I have been back and forth with my dealer with the tire cupping and low speed steering vibrations for the past year and half on the tires that are on my truck the Goodyear Wrangler RT/S. Now today I was told I need four tires before the last two service visits there tires were rotated and cross-rotated to even tire wear. (Note: It you are experiencing these problems do not let it get past the 12month/12000 mile window on the warranty.)

Anyway, I need new tires and I need some recommendations:

Tires: Overall, good quality, less tire noise, good drivability on highway and normal conditions, and price.

At this point, I know that I need a 4-wheel alignment once I get the new tires. Should I replace the stock shocks?

Yes on the shocks. The stock shocks will destroy the new tires.

The yokohama GO51, HT/S is a good tire also. They are priced better than the competition.

I've gotten 50,000 miles out of my Dayton Timberlines,(made by Bridgestone) and although I have been told by some on here that they are "fugly", for about $300 OTD I have been very happy to drive around on my fugly tires.:D

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts