I need a good leather odor remover/cleaner

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Nash

Reaction score
I am needing to clean my drivers seat in my car and i need to have a good good cleaner/ odor remover. long story short i spilt a gallon of milk on my leather and i need to get the smell and clean it. i bought Meguires gold class leather cleaner and that did not work. So what do you all suggest i use i want to even get the cotton that is under the leather with out haveing to take off the leather. thanks for the replys

Not sure what will help with the odor, but as far as cleaning the leather in our ST's, I talked to a local Ford service department to find out what they used (because I noticed that if I complained about a spot they left, it took them two seconds to clean it with a spray bottle solution). Turns out they use a motorcraft cleaner that is commercially made for them. I talked the guy into selling me some for my interior (vinyl cleaner, leather cleaner, and general spot and stain remover) and it works WONDERS. It gets scuffs off the cladding and dirt and grime off the stearing wheel in a matter of seconds. Great stuff. The only problem is that they recently stopped making it so I had to go to two different dealers here in Orlando to buy what they had left.

My local Ford dealer sells bottles of the leather and vinyl cleaner, I love it and I've been using it for years. Not sure how it would work on milk odor, but I know it cleans good.

I bought a Lexus not to long ago. They included a care package that has various cleaners in it. One of which is for the leather interior. It does a great job and has some sort of perfume or what ever you want to call it. Not sure if it would eliminate an odor of milk or not but the stuff is great. I see they do sell it at the parts counter when I take my car their to let them wash it for free...

I would try Lexol Leather cleaner and conditioner. I have been using there products for a while now and they do the job. Don't know how well it will work for the odor though. Its available at pretty much any auto store.

If there is a Ziebart Tidycar by you take it to them. They have a machine they use to clean the interior that gets the smell of dead fish out of the upolstery. I once had a 5 gallon container of deisel fule spill in the trunk of my car and splashed up under the back seat. They were able to get the smell completely out for me. wasn't cheap though.

My daughter threw up milk twice in the Trac this past summer,

A few days in the hot sun will get the smell out, not sure it will get hot enough in the winter...