I miss working in EMS

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
I've been in EMS for 37 years, serving in every role from EMT-Basic to chief, from field EMT to administrator and guideline writer and preceptor. I ascended the educational ranks starting as an EMT-Basic to the equivalent of critical care paramedic as an RN. I retired two years ago. My state now has two openings for Regional EMS Coordinators. I exceed the qualifications. My body is worn from field work. Time for a desk job. Wish me luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say retirement is a little better than a desk job, but that's just my opinion.

However, wishing you the best of luck, it sounds as though you will enjoy it!

I can't afford to be retired.

That's why I have started mixing a little bit of dry dog food in with my regular meals and increasing the % every so often.....that way in two years when I retire, I can go full amount and it won't mess up my digestive track.....LOL!!:banana:

Gary, Have you ever tried canned tuna cat food

With Ritz Crackers??......we go to the store Thursday.....LOL! I'm really a dog person but may start seeing good things about cats....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck to ya. I've been a volunteer EMT-B for 20yrs, been engineer, Sgt, LT, and Capt. Now I'm back to engineer, I'd rather fix ambulance and building issues than deal with volunteer drama, lol.

Latest posts