I messed up the digital camera battery thread

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fer Echegaray

Reaction score
Sorry, I left an html tag open, but if you can still click the link...

Sorry again... :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding the Kodak digital camera battery thread, I have a pretty old Kodak digital camera (over 6 years old) and a newer Kodak digital camera, both use AA batteries, NIETHER use proprietary (Kodak-only batteries) as stonemiser stated, and both run longer on regular batteries than rechargeables. I suggest getting new rechargeables AND having a fresh set of AAs around with you all the time. Also, the newer camera's battery life is far superior to the old one.

TJR

Try the energizer lithiums. I've been messing with them and they last forever, well worth the price.

You can buy them at a wholesale club like BJ's at 10 batteries for $16.

TJR, then you need to read what JT14 wrote in the other posting. I have a friend at work that just bought a new Kodak and it has the "propriety" battery. I guess what I meant to say is "SOME" Kodaks use them. Also, as I said in the other post, I have used the rechargables for 4 years and just now have to replace some of them. So the money I saved over the 4 years I've used them is well worth the meager price I paid for them.;)

Yes, Stone, I was aware that SOME Kodaks had that...I just didn't think it was ALL, and your post didn't state some, or all, so I assumed the worst. Sorry for assuming. Personally, I wouldn't get a camera that has an integrated/proprietary battery. It is too limiting and costly if you ever have a battery issue.

The BEST of both worlds is to buy a camera that takes regular batteries, get GOOD rechargeables, and use them and when traveling take your charger AND keep a fresh set or two of regular batteries. That's what I did, and we just got a new Kodak last year, and the printer/dock recharges so it sits there most of the time.

TJR

TJR, sorry man. I don't want you thinking I was ragging on ya. I did realize I didn't say "some" and that is what I meant to say. Did your Kodak come with the "dock" or did you have to purchase it? We bought a Kodak camera the first time we got a digital (5 years ago) and ended up taking it back and getting a Sony. We since then moved up to a 5 MP Sony and it came with two rechargable batteries and a small charger that we use on trips.;)

Yes, the Kodak we just got came as a combo, with the printer-dock. The camer is a 5MP with 10x optical zoom (a requirement my wife made), and its really sweet. The printer-dock charges the AA rechargeables in the camera when it is docked, and the printer-dock is connected to the USB of the computer, but can also print disconnected (which my wife also wanted as she takes it scrapbooking). Oh, and the printer is awesome, it does a four pass print deal, laying laying down different colors each of the first three passes, than one last past to lay down a water/smudge-proof layer. And, if I buy the printer paper/carts on-line (they are also a combo), then I can get near 20¢ per picture. We don't print in bulk with it, for that we use CVS.

The camera and printer-dock are still available as a combo from Amazon...

TJR