I LOVE MY TRUCK

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick Byrne

Reaction score
I DON'T KNOW IF ANYONE HAS BEEN KEEPING UP BUT OKLAHOMA IS IN A BLIZZARD. I LIVE NORTH OF TULSA IN OWASSO AND WE HAVE HAD 19" OF SNOW IN THE PAST 15 HOURS! I WENT FOR A DRIVE AND THE TRUCK DID AWESOME. I WAS DRIVING THE NEIGHBORHOOD AS WAS PLOWING THE ROAD. THE SNOW WOULD BUILD UP OVER THE HOOD, I WOULD STOP, BACK-UP AND BLOW THREW THE WALL I HAD PUSHED UP. IT WAS GREAT! THERE WAS A 4X4 DODGE 2500 DIESEL THAT WAS NOT ABLE TO MAKE IT OUT OF HIS DRIVEWAY, HE COULD NOT BELIEVE IT WHEN I PAST HIS HOUSE! YOU'LL HAVE TO CHECK OUT THE WEATHER HERE, IT'S AMAZING. DEFINITELY NOT TYPICAL OKLAHOMA SNOW STORM.:supercool:

Buddy of mine got a new Dodge diesel 4x4 two years ago. Until he recently put BGF A/T's on it, he said it was the worst truck in snow he ever owned. Too much weight in front and too much torque for the all-season tires it came with.

Our snow hits tonight here in Indiana. Blizzard warnings are out.

Planning to make it to work in the morning!

I used my 4WD high today and had no problems - we will see tomorrow how well the Trac does!

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:
Our town has closed everything today and tomorrow already. We are in the middle of the estimated heaviest snowfall for this blizzard. I can hardly contain my excitement.

We here in Toronto and surrounding areas are expecting like 30cm sometime over the next 24 hours or so.....it's gonna be a fun drive home in the morning for me!! I'll try to snap some pics if I have my camera with me.

it's dark now but it's not supposed to get above freezing for the next three days so i'll get some pics in the morning. we have a snow drifts 6'+ all over the neighborhood. i've never seen anything like it. everything is closed... restaurants, schools, entertainment, and my favorite liquor store! :cry:

i loved my truck in the snow too, i got through mounds of snow to get to the driveways i need to snow blow, and i work at sears hardware and i am always the one hitching up all the other employees cars and pulling them out of the drifts.

GOT TO LOVE THE SPORT TRAC!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm kinda dissapointed MN's not getting the Blizzard this weekend, but We've had 60"+ of snow already this year (55" is our average) so it's okay. I still rip on the guy at work that was telling me 4wd was "the biggest farcy in the automotive industry". But yet the SUV he's driving now is AWD.

I'm in Tulsa and have been driving the wifes Front Wheel Drive Altima to get to work. Cant get out of the driveway in my 2005 ST 2wd. Time to get some Tire Chains, though none available in the area!