I just noticed something

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Conrad AlbertoJr

Reaction score
I'm about to kit 90k and I just realized that I have yet to replace the brakes on the ST. I take it to the dealer for its oil changes, and when the tech talks to me he always tells me the brakes are fine. I can actually see him measuring them and he says they're still within limits. Is it normal for them to last this long?

Stock brakes seem to be pretty good at least mine were. I changed my brakes at 98K I believe. I took them in to be changed and every time they said they were fine and than one day they said they needed to be changed...They had no reason to lie to me I guess. They checked them every time I had my tires checked and rotated.

90k is a lot of miles for 1 set of brakes but if you do a lot of highway driving, don't do any towing and you're not hard on the breaks in city driving then it's possible.....

I think it's definitely the way you drive and how often you use them. I change the pads on my wife's Trac about every 60k. However, the pads on my GMC I use for work lasted more than 250k. I would bring that up to her whenever she talks about how expensive things are, but I think it's easier to stay married if I don't!;)

She does do a lot of local driving, and I have a 65 mile highway commute, so that may play a role in this as well.:rolleyes:

When I traded in my 2000 Explorer at 100K miles, the original brakes were still on it and working fine. So far, I have 50K on the Trac and the brakes work perfectly.

Latest posts