I dunno 'bout you, but this excites me

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark K 2

Reaction score
Another step closer to a Star Trek-like medical tricorder.

There's a new handheld brain scanner that's just been released that scans for intracranial bleeding. In one use, it'll help paramedics and doctors to determine in the field whether a stroke is due to a bleed or a clot. Clot-busting drugs could be given a lot sooner, thereby reversing the effects of an ischemic stroke.

[Broken External Image]:

Not exactly excited, but certainly intrigued and happy to see advancements in medical tech. Bodes well for my future.

The infrascanner is used to detect intracranial hematomas only, not for CVA. The company is trying to use the same technology for another device to detect strokes. Still cool for "in the field" use though.

Ohh and edit - this was out in 2010. Sorry.

Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Forget the Star Trek tricorder, I want the replacement organs that grow in flawlessly as a result of a patient popping a tiny pill, like McCoy had in Star Trek IV: "Save the Whales".

:banana:

:bwahaha:

Gavin, that line became funnier in my opinion when I reread the title of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts