I can surf MYST.com from my ST, lol

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff C

Reaction score
Oh, and do a few other things...

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

I bought the plastic top part from http://www.mobilelaptopmount.com and fabbed up the rest of the stuff at home depot. 1/2" pipe and 1/2" connectors with red threadlocker holding them together. That baby ain't goin anywhere. Then I put a quick connect at the base so I can remove the whole assembly without unbolting the seat (where the base is attached, didn't even drill any holes). All in all, cost around $35 for the mount.

Fred, the "other things" is data logging while driving, lol.

Yeah, Q. Lots of flashiness. But I've also been using it a lot already. I used the program to measure my coolant temp so I could set my electric fan where I wanted. I read intake air temps to see the differences at cruising. I'm planning to switch back in my stock MAFS and take readings on the lb/min flow of air, then switch it back to the C&L to measure the difference (I may also do the throttle body so Todd Z can get some numbers for his site). Yeah, lots of flashiness. It does dyno runs, datalogs, checks and clears CELs. Yeah...lots of flashiness and nothing else...

Looks good,how is it mounted? the plastic on the up pipe dresses it nice. i did mine with a piece of steel across the seat bolts and welded on a piece to slide my mount to.pics of how mine looked

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bolted in where the seat is bolted down, so I know it's not goin anywhere :D

[Broken External Image]:

I BET NEARLY ALL OF THE OPTIONS AND FUNCTIONALITY WE ENJOY DAILY ON OUR VEHICLES COME FROM THE MINDS OF PEOPLE WHO LIKE TO TRY THINGS LIKE JEFFC HAS. BUT WHAT DO I CARE? I'D RATHER JUST JUMP ON HERE EVERY COUPLE DAYS OR SO AND TELL EVERYONE HOW F'ED UP THEY ARE!

And they think cell phones are a distraction while driving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gosh, if I hooked my PC to my video projector, I could read this stuff on an 80" screen.

Q, exactly, you don't need that, I do. Some of my future modifications will require heavy supervision and tuning until they are running exactly right. Why would I program a readout to say 300degrees? It gives me the actual temperature as the trucks ecm is receiving it. I can fine tune exactly when I want the fan to turn on to achieve maximum efficiency.

The laptop does not have a DVD player and it doesn't have enough memory for my music, the only reason it is there is to run that program, and when I get my USB GPS unit, to be a GPS map for me.

jeff how tight is the set up does it have any wobble,and if so you might what to get a monitor support to keep the screen from moving. just a thought

Latest posts