I Bought my Dream Car! (APRIL FOOLS) :)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelson Atwell

Reaction score
I hesitate to post this, but you guys probably already know how much I love the Lotus Elise (I know it isn't a Ford). I went to Dallas yesterday and picked up this one. I got a pretty good deal on it. It is used, but in mint condition (only 1200 miles on it when I picked it up)

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Nelson, I've been looking at those. I really like the red ones, but I think they will be a bit too small for me. I'm a hair shy of 6'2".

How are you liking it so far? Is it as crammed as all the reviews say it is?

Oh yea, happy April Fools Day. :lol:

Ok. If you really did get one congrats to you.

Being April Fools Day I will be careful as to how hard I bite... LOL

Yup, I bought my dream car today too: A mint condition 1966 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, compete with Weber carbs.:wub:

I would post a picture of it, but it's so damn fast, my camera just can't capture it!:lol:

Nelson has wanted one for as long as I have known him.

I'm just not ready to jump in with both feet just yet.... LOL

No Larry. Lotus is not Ford. Ford owns Aston-Martin, Volvo, Jaguar, Land/Range Rover, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, and controlling intrest in Mazda.

That Lotus is cool, but to me it looks like a go cart and not a real car. A Lotus Esprit I like, the Elise just doesn't do it for me.

Tom

LOL :lol:

Yeah, IT IS APRIL FOOLS!

I really wish I could swing getting one, but I'll need to get a promotion or trade/pay off the Trac to afford one. :D

Theres a guy here in my area that has one, I was at my night job at O'Reillys when he came by with it. When he went to leave he tried showing off with it and almost rear ended an F150 with it (if the F150 would of had a hitch on the back, he would of been towing the Lotus).

Rob

My office is right near the Lotus Dealership. I've seen several of them at the local track on lapping days including the one that flipped. He dropped two wheels off the pavement and jerked the wheel back onto the pavement. If you ever do this driving on a road for the sake of your safety ease the car back on the road or just let if drift off if there is enough room and the shoulder is safe. It's the 2nd car that has flipped on the track in the same exact scenario.

Here's mine. I tote it around in the back of the ST sometimes. The bed extender holds it in good.:D

[Broken External Image]:

Here is mine... My neighbor had one when I was growing up and I rode in it many times. I have always wanted one. Its the Ferrari 328 GTS.[Broken External Image]:

I just purchased a new Toyota Tacoma and it started right up.

Nobody will beleve that for a minute. Me getting a Toyota and it actually starting up. It is a double whammy.

Tom

TrainTrac,

If you really want to buy a Shelby Cobra, there is a place in town that has one for sale. The place is called Classic Auto Parts, and it is about five miles from my house. Larry Phillips and I saw it during last year's OKC Meet. If I remember correctly I think they were selling it for around $20K. It's been there for a couple of years now. It is mint.

The Elise is quite small and weighs around 1500 lbs. That coupled with an engine that pushes around 390 horsepower makes it pretty quick.

[Broken External Image]:

Nelson, try 190 HP. It is only powered by a Toyota 4 cylinder that is in a light body. It comes down to HP vs. LB. the higher HP per pound ratio, the better the performance.

Tom

Latest posts