HVAC controls

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig Martin 2

Reaction score
Hey guys. Can the lights behind the controls for the ac and heat be changed? Just noticed the right hand side went out tonight. Can LEDs be used? I assume I need to pull the radio bezal out to get into it. Just thought I'd ask before ripping it out.

Not sure on LEDs. If using regular bulbs, it takes 161 B wedge bulbs. They're available at Advanced for $5 for two. They're held in plastic screws/plugs. Use a rubber grip pad and pliers to remove the bulb. Ge gentle. You may as well replace both. If one goes, the other, based on age, can't be far behind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I put in LED bulbs, the Phillips 194 led (3 total) price is ridiculous at 10+$ for 1 (local pickup) but I also had the thought process of buy the better LEDs so as to not have to replace like I have read those that use the eBay/China cheaps. It's been a yr and no problems, so I will probably use the same bulbs for the instrument cluster also. The adjustable dimmer does not dim the LEDs like regular bulbs but it does dim down maybe around 50% or so. I still like them, you can tell its brighter but not overwhelming.

Latest posts