HTC TouchPro2 Questions

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jerry Abson 3

Reaction score
So, I can get an upgrade from Verizon. I was looking at the HTC TouchPro 2 smart phone. I also use a faithful iPaq hx2495b pocket pc. It is running Androkkid for the UI, with a whole bunch of other finger friendly apps, so its just as effective as an iPhone.

Is it worth getting rid of the iPaq and going for the TouchPro2?

I use the iPaq for music when commuting, 2 hours a day, will the battery last? Also, how about all these app's (a bunch free) I can get for WinMo, has verizon 'locked' the phone where I can't install programs myself, but instead have to go directly through them? Can I use our current activesync or do I have to go with a new version? My wife has the same iPaq, so we can't run 2 different acivesync's.

This is the place for answers, and you all have never let me down! (old :banana: school)

Droid is round 200 with upgrade. And it runs Google OS, not WinMo. I don't want to give up my windows apps (word, excell, etc) just for a really cool phone. I looked at the Droid Eris, which would be where I would go instead of the Droid itself, if I can't find what I am looking for through the TouchPro 2. Plus I really like the large slide out keyboard, which is not there with the Droid (or the Eris, I know). And I believe the HTC is alot more customizable than the Droid.

I have a T-Mobile G1 which runs the Google OS (Android) as well, and I LOVE it. There are actually alot of apps that mimic word and excell amazingly.

The Droid DOES have a slide out keyboard, very similar to the TOuchPro2, while the Eris doesn't. The Droid and Eris are basically the same thing (Both have 1Ghz snapdragon processor, both run Android 2.1 with GPS Route Guidance etc.), but the Droid has the Keyboard.

If you just look at the stats too, Android is the fastest growing mobile OS out Blackberry, iPhone OS, WIndows Mobile, Linux, Symbian etc.

Also with Windows Mobile 7 coming out at the end of the year most likely, the Touch Pro 2 WILL NOT be upgradeable, just something to keep in mind if you're gonna hang on to it for a while.

Yea, from what I have seen on vid and from cnet, the keyboards are very different, with the touchpro being larger.

And I don't want to mimic, why drive a corvette when you can drive a ferrari?

this wasn't a 'which phone' thread, it was whether it was worth it to scrap my iPaq for the TouchPro 2.

Only issue witht he Droid is that it can not be tethered. So if that is important to you, then it is not an option.

Other than that, great phone..

I don't know how the Verizon branded phones are as I am an AT&T subscriber. In S.E. AT&T is more popular. However, the people I know with the HTC phones seem to really like them. They seem durable and are very quick especially when compared to Windows mobile LG phones. You should test drive the one you are looking at at best buy or radio shack.

>As far as you trading in your ipaq for a new phone I think you aready answered that. If you already have a phone you enjoy using that still works fine then why trade it in?

> I had a unlocked "un-branded" Sony Ericsson w810i that I absolutely loved but was stolen, I could have gotten another one on the cheap but I opted for upgrades... I would take that phone over any phone I have had since... Just really liked the phone. So I would say why fix what ain't broke?

-Don D.

Droid is just the name that Motorola has given their phone that uses the Google "Android" operating system. Sprint has a very nice touch screen one which is the HTC Hero. I saw on the news tonight that Google & Apple are joining forces to come out with a tablet phone that is probably going to go up against the iPhone & the Amazon Kindle.

:smile0005:

Latest posts