How to seal hard bed cover seal better

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Zabski

Reaction score
I have a hard cover for my ST for the bed. The rubber seal around the bottom edge has come off a bunch of times. I sealed it with rubber black rubber silicone but that only lasts about 3-4 months then it comes loose again...any idea's?

Frank, you're talking about the factory cover I presume? Dunno, maybe take it off the truck entirely and try to take it apart and see if Ford has any replacements. I mean, I may be overstating the obvious, but your only other option would be to replace it. I've honestly been thinking about a Leer tonneu cover painted to match the truck! Bob

Bob, you have a point! I could look into replacing it. Yes, I have the factory cover. It's in great shape but I guess I can look into a new one. I might try the gorilla glue as a last ditch effort.

Frank,

New seals are available from our sponsor Fast Parts Network. The front seal is $63, and the rear is $53. That may be an option if your cover is in good condition. That would be cheaper than a replacement.

Mike

Edit... I see you have a gen 2. There are new seals. Looks like 4 pieces.Worth checking..

Last edited by a moderator:
I used rubber cement all the way around.

For the ends I put rivets with washers.

Works well. But the top doesn't seal well to the bed. I always seem to have water getting in.

I ended up buying new seals which was a bust because I ordered the wrong ones! There is an inner seal and an outer "trim" piece that goes around the entire outside lip of the cover. I looked at the diagram Torrie sent me 2/3 times and I though I ordered the correct ones. No luck. I'll try the gorilla glue as I'm not going to send them back and give Torrie a hard time asking for a return. It was my fault.

Latest posts