How to remove the factory sub and amp???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy Szkutak

Reaction score
Well i've had my aftermarket kenwood amp and subs sitting on the back seat for a few months now, and after measuring i found that my aftermarket amp can fit in the factory sub/amp compartment. How hard is it to remove the factory sub/amp?? I think i saw just a few bolts, but is there anything else??

Thanks

Andy

i have seen a project on the site of how to install it and i do believe if you follow it in reverse order you can remove it didnt seem like it was too much work.

Andy,

You'll need to remove the back panel first, then there's just a couple of small bolts (screws) holding the sub enclosure in place.

The back panel is held in place by a bunch of screws and some fasteners that work like expansion inserts. Once you've removed all that, there are a couple of clips(?) on the back side of the panel that snap into the cab body. Slide the child-seat anchor covers open and stick some fingers in there, and pull the cover out to unsnap the clips.

Latest posts