How to give my wife her gift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
I bought my wife a pair of diamond earrings for Christmas, they are 3 stone, 1 from me and 1 from each of our kids. So I want to incorporate the kids into the gift somehow (but they are only a month old) so anyone have any amazing ideas? I'm looking for tears of joy this year ;)

Hide them in their dipers so when she goes to change them, she'll find them. In boxes of course.

Hide them in their diapers so when she goes to change them, she'll find them. In boxes of course.

That is exactly the same thing I was thinking. . .

:D

Another option would be to send her on a scavenger hunt......place clues in various locations in the house with the last clue leading to the kids cribs. You could hide them under their pillows.

Also have camera ready for her reaction and post the pix on here to share :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Get a Teddy Bear (or Stuffed) animal. and put them on it. and leave the bear under the Tree.

I did this with a necklace for my Wife once. She thought the necklace was just part of the bear for 2 days. was mad at me for not getting her a real Gift. just a stupid Bear.

I would nix the diaper idea- high risk for a poopy accident at 1 month, cleaning the bag or box off would lessen the reward and surprise. I put my wife's engagement ring in a giant fancy fortune cookie(small football size) I bought online. I carefully opened the bottom and put the ring inside, then resealed it. Gave it to the maitre'd at a fine restaurant(River Cafe in NYC), had waiter announce that we had a "special dessert" on the house. It was a big hit and I was able to customize the fortune as well.

create a make shift necklace out of them both.

one for each child to wear.

make sure they are dressed in something Christmasy and when it's her turn to open her gift...

ask her to hold the babies while you get it....... then say merry xmas

I like the bear idea and Woppy's as well......looks like there are all sorts of things you could do while using the kids as part of the gift. :)

Assuming you have family near by and given that the kids are so young, you could probably use a "night off".

So, here is my suggestion:

Get family (mom, dad, hers or yours) to watch the babies for a night. First check that that's okay with your wife, and plan the evening. Tell her you "think you need a night for the two of you." If she agrees, make it a stay at home night, and make it special. You can do the following: Take the afternoon off; send her to a spa; clean the house (you do this), pick up roses; have candles lit; make a romantic dinner with wine (she may have to pump and dump...but I am assuming things here.).

At the end of that GREAT night, time it so that the in-laws, or your folks, or whomever are watching the babies return them. When they come in, your wife will think the special night is all over, but instead, tell her:

"This night has been great, and it's been fun to have it just you and me for the past few hours. But it feels so right to have us all here now, again. You three are the best things in my life..., and speaking of THREE..."

Then hand her the gift-wrapped earrings.

That's what I would do.

TJR

You have a decent photo of all four of you, in which both her ears are visible?

If so, blow it up to a decent size (8x10?), glue it to a piece of cardboard (to stiffen it), and pin the earrings in place on her ears in the photo. Get a decent frame, take the glass out, put the picture in. Wrap it up and give it to her as a gift. See how long it takes her to realize that the gift isn't just the frame and the photo. Have a second copy of the photo handy, so when the earring come out, you can put the glass back in, put an undamaged copy of the photo in, and hang it on your wall.

As Martin said. I have found the scavenger hunt with clues gets the most excitment. Found one of my gifts that way. Is was cool...

I tried the scavenger thing one xmas. I wrapped a small box with a little weight to it. The ex thought for sure there was something for her to wear in it. She opened it and found it only contained a clue.

Not to make it easy for her, I had about 15 clues in all hidden around the house. Each clue was wrapped in xmas paper, so every clue she found, she thought it would be the last.

When she finally found the last box......to say the least, she fell apart in tears when she found it wasn't another clue, but contained the necklace she had always wanted. :)

I'm going to mix ideas, the scavenger hunt with only 3 clues, and will end in the diapers (clean ones of course)

Thanks for the help guys.

Be simple about it. Forget wining and dining her. She is a sure bet, she is your wife.

Put the ear rings in her jewlery box in place of some ear rings you want her to wear. Tell her you want her to wear the missing one. When she looks into the box, she will see the ones missing and see the replacments. The rest will work itself out.

Plain and simple.

Tom

When I gave my ex-girlfriend her diamond ring I bought something outta a 50cent gumball machine that hold those cheap ass rings and crappy small toys and stuff and put the ring in one of those small plastic bubbles so she thought it was just a cheap simple stocking stuffer and when she got too it she started to cry and was so happy and said it was so funny and amazing that she would never forget it. Of course I'm also just a big kid and so was she so it worked perfect. She hated big and romantic crap. :D

Latest posts