how straight?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought new tires and had my front end aligned, but when I look at it from the front, it seems that the front tires are at a small angle not 90 from the ground. Is this an optical illusion because of the curves of the body of the truck, I'm I seeing stuff? The old tires worn uneven and I dont want this to happen again.

Thanks

Take a lower pic from lower down on level concrete. A couple of feet farther away. With steering wheel level. Also take seperate pic from the front of each tire from center of the fogs. Thats how I look at mine. I do alot of driveway adjustment. If my tire wear is excessive or I cant stop the pulling. The shop gets it. I have done it for years and got fairly good at it.

Sorry, but a better camera would help

From this point it appears the right tire has too much + camber. It could be an illlusion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the shop install camber kits or give you an alignment printout?

Rick,

I can omly judge by the pics. If this is where your steering wheel is while going straight.

The left appears slightly neg-camber. But I also see more inside tire wear. That can cause illusion.

The right apears slightly neg-toe out.

I see you have directional tires. You might consider. Flip them on the rims. Then put on the oposite side of the truck. With out a caster camber kit. Our gen1 tracs tend to wear the inside of the front tires.

Pics can be decieving so dont take me as gospel. If I was there inperson with my own eyes and a ruler I could do better. How does it drive. Is the steering wheel level on level roads.?

I dont mind a 1/2 to 1 degree camber. It helps in High speed cornering. You just have to rotate more often for tire wear. As the toe I want it straight or slightly inward a degree. It helps streering to recenter after a turn. But that is me.

Just from the pics. I would make them rerack it for check.

Latest posts