How? Running wires up into cab at passenger rear door...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi There;

For those of you that have done it, I need help... I am attempting to run a wiring harness from my rear tailgate power lock into the cab of my 07/08 ST.

I have run the wires to the rear passenger side door, but I cannot find a suitable spot to get the wires through. Based on some "how to's" I read on here, I thought there was an obvious grommet to get the wires through however I find that my gas tank is in the way of any access to the cab floor. There is one large hard grommet behind the passnger front seat on the floor, but I can't seem to get it off, and when I poked a needle through it, it seemed like there was a piece of flooring underneath it as well...

Help? Any advice for those of you that have done this on an 07/08 ST?

Cheers;

ERic

Last edited by a moderator:
I found a small opening in the little storage compartment on the floor behind the rear seat back on the driver's side. (Probably the sub-woofer case if you have one). There was a piece of foil-like sealant covering it. It does not run straight down but rearward and out between the cab and bed. I took a piece of wire and fished it through the openings to pull the wire from my rear camera through. (I used a strong light to help find the other opening) I used some foam rubber to keep the wire from chaffing against the metal edges after wrapping several turns of electrical tape around the wiring. I then sealed off the holes with silver duct tape.

Hope this helps!

You have to drill a hole. There was no grommet like in the gen1 st. I will get a picture of the one I did when I installed the power tailgate lock.

You open up the cover of the wiring guide ( rear passenger door) and you will see a small gap in the bottom. I drilled there and it matches up with an opening in the bottom.

Here is a picture:

[Broken External Image]:

Hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the same on my '07 for my tailgate lock. Drilled a small hole, sealed the wires with sealant.

No big deal.

The early Sport Trac's had a small rubber oval shaped gromet in the bottom of the wiring track below the right rear door sill.....No drilling required.

...Rich

Ah so thats the answer! Ok I will stop looking for a grommet then! Thanks for the pics Scott, that makes it perfectly clear and I will use that as a template/guide to drill my hole.

Cheers;

Eric

Racer - you are welcome. If it was not for the instructions I had with the lock I would still be looking for that grommet like my '01 had . . . . they could not have changed that could they? YEP.

Latest posts