how much will I lose on trade in???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve moore

Reaction score
hi all. I curently own a 2004 ST loaded, I have an 07 Limited V8 on order. My question is,since my 04 was rolled last spring(see pics in library),,,10000CDN$ damage, how much will this depreciate on my trade in? I was at a Dodge dealer a couple of weeks ago they offered 18500$ on a trade,not knowing of the accident. I plan on trading at the dealer IO bought from and also did the damage repair(they did a great job).Will I do better trading at a Ford dealership trading a ford product? The salesman at Ford said that I may lose about 5% on the trade in value due to the accident. Is this reasonable?

BTW My ST has 30 000 Miles on it

Ty all in advance for your input

Steve:cool:

5% seems reasonable, but I also suspect the dealer that did the repair service said things like "we will make it as good as new", so you might want to remind them of that!

TJR

That is exactly what they said!! and I will definitly remind them of that.How much do we all figure I should get on a trade in?,,fully loaded except for the side curtain air bag

Go to the kelly blue book site, www.kbb.com and enter in the year and options. You should get a trade-in price and a third-party sale price (the former lower, the latter higher).

Given that this is repeat business for them, you have the repair service work done there (more money in their pocket and they can't really lowball you because of the accident without it indicting their workmanship), and since you are rolling this into a new HIGH PRICED 07 (they are costly now...they just are), then I wouldn't BUDGE on the trade-in price that KBB offers, and if anything, maybe even start with a figure in between the trade-in and third-party sale prices.

P.S. Post back with KBB quotes...

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
wow,,,,The KBB value was 24500 as a high and 21500 as a low. maybe I could get them somewhere in between. But to be honest I would go for the low. that puts me in a new 07 for 75$ more a month!,,,Oh yes I will be using X plan pricing,,,,will try to screw me on the trade in using X plan?

Now, Steve, go to www.edmunds.com and see what a new 2007 ST should run you in your area (TMV = True Market Value), and it that site doesn't yet have the 2007 info, then plunck in all the data for a 2005 ST with 0 miles...picking as near as the same options as you can.

It won't be apples to apples, but you should get a feel for how much the TMV price is under the MSRP, and use similar numbers/ratios against the 2007 ST's MSRP.

Then, go back to the dealer with two numbers...what you want in trade (I would go at least 1K over the lower KBB number for wiggle room), and a number at the TMV of Edmunds for the new ST (or relative to the MSRP number).

Let us know what Edmunds says about the 2007 or comparably equipped 2005 with zero miles...(MSRP vs TMV).

Oh, I just checked, Edmunds has the 2007 ST pricing, see the link below:

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts