how much should I save using X plan?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve moore

Reaction score
Hi all. I am seriously looking at the 07 ST. I curently own an 04 st with 40 KMs.Went to the dealer the other day and he ordered one for me(I will have 1st dibbs on it,,,but no obligation to buy). 40899CDN$,,,premium loaded!,,I paid over 41000 in 04.Anyhooo,,,I have the xplan,,,,Aplan(employee price)+ 4%.,,,what do yall think this will work out to be?Any ideas would be great

ty in advance

steve

I don't know about the A or X plans, but when I bought my 2001 new back in 6/01, a sales associate advised me to see the fleet manager at the dealership and I ended up payin a whole lot less. My sticker was $30, 459.00 and I got it for 26,745 with tax, title and license. You may want to try your deler's fleet man without the knowledge of the sales rep. BTW< I ordered mine because no one had the pretty a%# ISLAND BLUE I wanted! Good luck with the 2007, it looks awesome in True Blue and Dark Cherry, even though I'm still getting used to the looks of the 07 ST. It has to grow on me, but I will be keeping the 2001 forever!

:D:D:D:wub::wub:

At the time I bought my ST, I did not know anyone who could offer me an Xplan pin/sponsorship.

However, I also talked to the fleet manager and he gave me a quote of $100 over invoice price without any arguments. the MSRP was around $29500, I paid $25K and change...

Xplan is 4% above invoice, usually. Dealers will gladly discuss/disclose the #'s.

Where did you get that information?

Here is the correct information from the Ford AXZ website.

X-Plan

Pre-determined price based on dealer invoice or A-Plan price depending on brand.

The X-Plan price is noted on the dealer invoice (except for

Land Rover and Jaguar)

<span style="background-color: #FFFF00">Ford/Mercury Invoice minus 0.4% of Invoice</Span>

Lincoln Invoice plus 0.6% of Invoice

Volvo A-Plan + 2% of A-Plan

Land Rover Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Regional Advertising Group fee and destination & delivery fee).

Jaguar Invoice plus 4% of Invoice (excluding Advertising Association Fee and destination & delivery fee).

Tom

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you sure its .4% ?

$1000 - .4% = $996

.4% is only $4 savings on $1000. on a $30,000 vehicle thats only $120.

4% off of 30,000 = 1,200 savings, even that sounds low from wht i have read on this site of what people have saved on new ST's with an x plan.

X-Plan is invoice, not MSRP, minus .4%.

So, lets say you have a $30,000 vehicle with an invoice of 27,000. You take 27,000 minus .4% (27,000-.4%=$26,892) Subtract the rebate, lets say is $2,000 means you will end up paying $24,892 for a $30,000 vehicle without having to haggle about the price.

Tom

X-Plan is the dealer's true cost which is the regular invoice minus the hold-back (about 3%). Instead of getting paid the hold back from the factory, dealers get a flat fee (About $150 for A-Plan and X-Plan vehicles.

At the dealership where I worked, the salesman got a flat $75 for each A-Plan or X-Plan sale regardless of what the final selling price was. The real benefit of the sale was to sell as many vehicles to get the other bonuses and incentives for selling more than 10, 15, or 20 vehicles in a month. The dealers and salesman make a lot more money selling Used vehicles rather than new ones!

...Rich

If you're looking for an X-plan PIN, check out this forum. It seems to be the place to go to request a sponsor and a PIN.

Caymen is correct and I did exactly what he said in his 2nd post. I paid 25k for my 30K ST......with the rebate and xplan. no hassling or bs. however they did show me their invoice because we were playing nice, lol

That sounds about right. I paid $23K including taxes for my 2003 Sport trac that would have cost $29K, but I also got and additional $2500 off in rebates on top of the X-Plan price.

My dealer did not have the vehicle in stock so I had them get the truck from a dealer that was about 100 miles away. I wanted that Sport Trac XLT Pemium because it had a sticker price that was $1200 cheaper than any other identically equiped Sport Trac and it was even cheaper than many XLS models with less options. My dealer thought that it may have been a leftover vehicle from some special factory promotion sale??

...Rich

What if there are no rebates? Then it is just the .4% off?

JohnnyB,

Yes, you will onlgy get the 4% over true dealer invoice.

Occassionally it's possible to get a better deal than the X-Plan but that is very rare. You must tell the dealer immediately that you are using the X-Plan to make the purchase. That means there will be no price negotiations and the dealer is required to show you the true invoice price.

When some dealers hear that youare going to use the X-Plan, they tell you that they can give you a better deal than you would get with the X-Plan. This makes no sense! Why would a dealer want to sell you a new vehicle for less money than you already agreed to pay ??? The reason is simple. If you accept their offer for a better deal, you cannot switch back to X-Plan pricing and they don't have to show you the true invoice price. They may show you an invoice price, but that price includes the hold-back which is about 3%-4% higher than the "True invoice" price. Then they say they will sell it to you for their invoice or 1%-2% over their invoice cost. You may think you are getting a better deal but the dealer is really charging you about 4%-6% more than the X-Plan price.

That's why most dealers will try to convince you that they can beat the X-Plan price, because they make more money

...Rich

...Although if you have more than one dealership to choose from, and one of them does what RichL indicated, you can always let them show you their 'better price', then go find out the real X-plan price at the other dealership, and choose whichever is the better situation for you.

Latest posts