How many miles on your ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Szoka

Reaction score
Just wondering who's put the most miles on an ST.

If I buy one this summer, I will be putting about 20k/year on it. How are they

holding up?:blink:

I bought my 03 in June of that year and recently turned over 65,000 miles.

Still have the original tires and brakes on it. I've heard that others here have had to replace brakes and tires early. I think that this more likely represents how they are driving than to the quality of the tires and brakes. I try to keep the RPMs to no more than 2000 around town and I probably drive slower than most as I keep it at about 55 to 60 on the highway. I have a lot of people passing me and problably piss off alot of people by driving at that speed. My gas mileage averages 20 mpg. I could get more than this if I put the money into the exhaust system and buy an SCT tuner for the truck.

Also have the Explorer Express sway bar which is a must. Also a set of aftermarket shocks would help the ride. Mine are due a replacement and will be doing this soon.

Jackie

purchased my '03 in Feb of 2003 - just rolled over 44,000 miles. New tires (cupping issues), shocks, sway bar and replaced radio bezel and bolts in the bed. Other than that, no major issues. I'm very happy with my ST :D

Won my ST in July 2005 and I now have 4320 km ((2541m) on it. Its a blue Adrenalin with beige leather and all the toys. It came with a full maintenance package for 4 years. All I pay for is gas. Package includes wipers, tires, bulbs, clutch (if it had one) the whole magilla.

140,000 on my 2001 ST --Tires have been replaced once at 56,000 and current Michelins look to be good for another 20,000 miles. Replaced shocks twice and last one's were Rancho 9000's. No major repairs and am going to keep it till I drop . Best vehicle ever owned.:D

I have an 01 w/ 60,000 miles / 100,000km -- no problems other than the common tranny issue that is now HOPEFULLY fixed, seems to be.

bought my trac Nov 04 with 37K now have 72K. New tires, tranny flush, coolant flush at 40K, oil change every 3500, tire rotation every 7K. Been a great vehicle so far:wub:

73000 miles 2001 replaced ball joints at 65000 no other problems and i a kind of hard on my ST but i do my proper maintenance.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My '02 has about 98K miles on it. Replaces tires once, with Toyo's that seem to be working OK. Brakes (front pads only) replaces three times I think.

Latest posts