How many Georgia Boys? (or girls) are out there? Chime in

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
I'm curious how many of ya'll are from Georgia..and where abouts..

Griff5268 - Downtown Atlanta ( Piedmont Park, so it could be called midtown)

I'm askin because I'm thinkin about a Mini Meet. (just to say hey and check out some tracs)

Last edited by a moderator:
While in college: Milledgeville

Home for the summer: Braselton

There's a good amount of STs here at college

Found out last year when I had to drive there to conduct a baseball school that Waycross is appropriately named as it is 'Way-a-Cross' Georgia.

Nice town and the kids were great - less one.

JT#14

I sold my Trac recently, but my Expedition is still family, right?

I am in Midtown, too. Peachtree Lofts at the corner of Peachtree and 7th, My loft is on the corner across from Starbucks.

I would love to see a mini-meet with some cool Tracs.

Travis - That's OK we'll make you an honorary redneck HAHAHAHA

Do not worry Dale, I have taken on some redneck ways. We can say I am Redneck Lite or Jr. Redneck or Associate Redneck. I can get a button that says 'Redneck in Training'.

I burn in the back yard while drinking a High Life and poking it with a stick.

Also, and I think I do it a little wrong, but during the winter I had my Jeep on blocks in the back yard.

Issues here:

1. It was a Jeep and not a Camaro (or other 1970s 'hot rod')

2. The blocks were only the two inch - not cinder blocks

3. It has tires

4. It runs

Now the dude (we can call him Clem) that the lives down the block..he's a redneck. He has bicycle handle bars on his riding lawnmower. It was definitely something Foxworthy could use.

[Broken External Image]:

Nearly drove off the road the first day I saw it. Never have the camera ready to snap a shot when Clem is moving his 1/32 of an acre next to the double long.

He also has matching 1974 Ford LTDs (or similar) - between the two I believe he has a functioning vehicle, instead they just sit there like a mirror image parked front bumper to front bumper. His latest 'honey do' list must have said, make place look like a religious compound as he put up a 6 foot chain link fence with barbed wire. Afraid someone may pull up, put wheels on his house and steal it.

His kid will be traumatized just from having the old man out there in his boxers sans shirt while they wait for the bus (they may both be trying to get through the first grade) and he is scratching himself more than a baseball player with crabs. When he does don a shirt, it is the standard redneck issued 'wife beater'.

Sadly, I am not making this up. So it appears it is not a stereotype, just a way of life but I am sure it would be a good time to do some burning and drink some beers with him.

JT#14

p.s. Back in big 'ol Webster, NY the rednecks were called 315ers (based on area code) as that was where the more rural area started and was the next county over. Farms, racetracks, big cornfed girls, it's all the same, there are rednecks everywhere - we just did not have 'The Dukes of Wayne County' to exploit it and let the secret out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just 10 miles north of the Ga borderin Chattanooga, but would seriously consider showing for a Ga meet if that's ok with all the Ga members.

Latest posts