how has the performance and MPG been effected by off road y- pipe

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark k 4

Reaction score
with gas sky rocketing I am looking for the best ways to squeeze some mpgs out of the ST. I have an intake and my mpg slightly went down (probably because i was opening her up some more ) but I have had a lot of luck with previous platforms switching to a better flowing exhaust/y pipe combo for performance and mpgs. I was just wondering if some people can quickly chime in with their experiences ?

Thanks

Not that its like yours, but my 2008 V8 picked up a couple of miles(like 2) by doing a true dual exhaust. The Y-pipe just eliminates the cats I believe. Should be a couple mpg in there somewhere. Bob

PS: Go back into your member profile and put in the year/generation(1 or 2) So we can more easily give you the correct advice. Thanks

Do you expect to save $500 in gas to pay for this or are you just looking for an excuse to get a y-pipe?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an intake and my mpg slightly went down probably because i was opening her up some more.

You think your foot got heavier with the intake, wait till you get the y-pipe. :cry:

Latest posts