hotmail

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed Fenwick

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Hi guys,

Someone has hacked my hotmail account. Every once in a while I see a whole slew of not deliverable e mails from the postmaster. Some get through though and mt friends write back asking what is going on? I have written to microsoft about it and get no reply. My question is, if I get a new mail client and tell everyone in my address book, will that alert the hacker? Also, I don't know how to quit hotmail.

Tks Ed

Might be spam...I get that too...says they are from AOL and they want me to "update my billing information"....I'm not the one that bill so I know they want my CC information. Looks very official, but be careful, don't give them any information.

Ed- Don't believe ANY solicitations or inquiries via email.

Happened to me several times in one year.

Like Roxanne (Diva'sMomma) said, they look official and legitimate.

Had one that used my banks authentic logo, and letterhead.

Immediately called, they confirmed fraudulent, and this happens frequently.

Ditto with PayPal fraud. :angry:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes but these are mails from my hotmail account, but not from me!

It's called spoofing. I got the same thing happening on my email account a few months ago. It just LOOKS like they're using your account.

That happened to me a few weeks ago. I changed the password on the account and it hasn't happened since. Time will be the true test if that fixed it.

I don't think anyone hacked into your Hotmail account. The dorks will send you email failure notices hopeing you will click on the link to see what email failed...Then they can download all kinds of virus etc to you computer. Just ignore them.

If you want to change to a different email service, just sign up and send emails to your frineds from your new address with a subject line so they will know it's really you.

...Rich