Home Security... Please help.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow!!!!

Interesting. Plenty of experts.... and opinions.

I'm glad I was born a U.S. citizen. Still the best place in the world to live in freedom (you may have to pick the location you reside to suit your "freedoms" though).

edit:sp

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always wondered why the anti-gun nutcases come out of the woodwork and start spouting gun control stuff everytime a patriotic citizen tries to discuss his constitutionally-guaranteed right to own a gun....

Yup, Gavin, that's me. A nutcase.

Just asking for people to be responsible owners. That's all. A real nutcase.

Go ahead though. Instead, just buy a gun because you are scared. Instead, just carry a gun and brandish it whenever there is a conflict that would probably resolve itself without harm otherwise (another thread). Go ahead folks. It's your right to put yourself and others in harms way I guess. I'm just trying to make sure people who are looking to buy guns consider the responsibility involved, but I guess that's far too controversial a subject. Let's let everyone have guns..heck, since they are provided for in the Constitution, seems our govt should provide them to all, for free...for all ages. Why not, right...they are our right, a right our govt HAS to give us.

TJR

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW, this nutcase only ever asked that...

...we better do our best to make sure that guns and other dangerous weapons don't get into the hands of unstable people.

So that makes me a nutcase?

I'm not sure why such a comment would bring out the chest beating that it has here. I just don't get what is so controversial.

Since I said what I said, and people felt the need to counter that statement, I can ONLY think that people think it is OKAY to be irresponsible with guns and that it is okay to allow unstable people to have guns without restriction.

And I am the nutcase?

TJR

XST,

I'm sorry if I hijacked this thread.

To take it back on-course, your wife said that she doesn't want a gun in the house. Others afterwards continued to describe your need for a gun.

If it isn't too personal, can you share why your wife is against a gun in the home? Doesn't she appreciate how such a gun can be secured? She may simply fall prey to a stigma; then again there may be other reasons that we here on this board cannot understand or appreciate as to why your wife feels this way. No one; we, especially you, should dismiss your wife's opinion.

I suspect you know why she feels as she does, and I'm not necessarily asking you to share that here. I just want to point out here on this board that there are two adult, partners, married with child(ren) in that house, and this would have to be a joint decision. No one has really talked about that, but several have assumed that bringing a gun into the home is something that can just be done, easily.

I guess I am talking more about that responsible gun ownership thing...making sure bringing the gun into the home doesn't cause more harm than good.

TJR