HOLY CRAP WHAT A DIFFERENCE!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrlunchbox

Reaction score
Got the endlinks in this afternoon after work. Took less than an hour to remove one of them (stubborn of course but the sawzall took care of that) and install the two new ones. I took it outside for a test drive and I can't believe how much firmer the front end is. I swear it sits a tad higher but that could be my imagination. It doesn't seem to lean nearly as much to the left as it did before. Now I am dying to change my shocks as I am almost at 105K and still on factory ones!! :cry: After the shocks will come the rear sway bar. At anyrate though thank you so much to all the members that helped me with my questions and for pointing out these awesome tips and tricks! I love this site so very much!! :supercool::supercool:

Good Job! That wasn't too difficult, was it?

FYI, Sears has a 2 day sale this weekend. (Friday & Saturday only)

50% Off Monroe Sensa-Trac, Reflex, and Rancho shocks & struts, includes special orders.

Rancho $50-$100 rebate when you buy four RS5000 or RS9000 Series.

RS5229 Front $24.49 ea. RS5185 Rear $24.49 ea. ($97.96 - $50.00= $47.96) :banana:

Four shocks for around $50 with rebate! (RS5000 Series)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thats a good sale and rebate to take advantage of.

If you think the endlinks made a difference wait till you do the shocks.

and once you get used to the shocks, just wait until you throw on that rear sway bar.

"Huge improvement" was an understatement in my eyes. Though I suppose it can't hurt to mention that while you can (I did) put the bar on without boring out the brackets, it sucks.

Man, that is an awesome shock deal. MUCH better than what I bought my shocks for.

(Although that was 2 years ago now)

Now do the rear end link project. I have decided to go with KYB Monomax on the front, and haven't decided what I will put on the rear yet. BTW, I am on my 3rd set of aftermarket shocks. Do a search on "shocks" previous to 2006 as shocks were probably the hottest topic for the Gen. 1 ST.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe you went 105k on the original shocks! You won't believe the ride again once the rear sway bar is done. It will handle SOOOOOO much better.

Latest posts