Holy brake light!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark, much appreciated for those four links, will be ordering tonight when I get out of work.

Editing to add that they are all on their way! Looks like I have got a project for the last weekend of March. :banana:

Very grateful for your help and pictures, Mark! :haveabeer::supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I just put my bulbs in. All work beautifully... Except for one of my amber blinkers in the front. It will blink.. great. But what it won't do is turn on when I turn parking lights on or full headlights. Anyone have any tips on how to remedy this? I tried switching the ambers, and it was still the same bulb did the same thing. Any advice?

Also, install the flasher AFTER you put the leds in. And no you don't need to take any panels out to get to the flasher on gen 1, it is that black box tucked in above the accelerator. Never realized I was missing cargo lights until I saw this post... And I have had the truck for 3 years now. So thank you to all for the help, and hopefully this helps others go through. I'll upload some pictures later this week when I get some time.

Bad bulb. Use the ebay mail response system to contact the seller. He'll send you a link to print a postage-paid return label. He'll also send you a new bulb. Those ebay sellers do not want ANY dissatisfied customers and bend over backwards to make sure everyone is happy. Ebay really penalizes them for having unhappy customers.

Thanks Mark! Now to buy big red and white bulbs for brake and reverse lights. Just hoping that the new reverse lights are super bright, as current stock ones are bright as is. :banana:

Edit: Mark, thanks for the tip about emailing on eBay, they're sending me another one. Now ordering some lights for the back. Thanks for the help! :postwhore:

Last edited by a moderator:
I replaced the high brake light with a nice bright bulb that melted the socket and the reflector both before I noticed it. I pulled it all apart, and just happened to think of a handy multi-LED license plate light that I had sitting in the garage. I didn't need it for anything else, so I trimmed the reflector and the light to fit each other, and crimped the wires into the circuit. It's not super bright, but it's as bright as the original was. I checked it the other night and it's still just as bright 5 years later!

Latest posts