Hole in roof

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Olivia Snyder

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have an '07 with 95,000 miles and noticed recently that I have water damage on my headliner in the very back. I know there have been issues with the third brake light leaking and have not completely ruled that out yet, but as I was inspecting things I noticed there was a soft spot on the passenger side roof where the water drain canal meets the short trim piece that connects to the roof and the back of the cab just left of the corner. Not sure if that description made any sense. I had noticed the paint and metal cracking earlier this year and have already been to ford about that (of course with no luck). But now when i rub my finger across it, it feels soft where a piece of it sinks in and you can see a gap. Its barely hanging on too. Not real sure what's going on. The section is a little smaller than the tip of my finger and it doesn't really feel like sheet metal or anything hard...but all around it is metal. All I know is I have a hole in my roof where water is getting in. Its never been damaged or repaired. Has anyone else ever had this problem or anything similar?

If you have one, sun roof drain could be clogged. Or the roof rack is not sealing properly, maybe remove and add silicone sealant.

My 3rd brake light was leaking on my 2010. I used single sided thin insulation strip around the light and it has worked like a charm.

Thanks, I'll try all that to see if i can help some of the leak. I know its leaking thru the hole. And most of the damage is on that side....the rest is pretty evenly distributed. not really more in one place or the other. Has anyone ever had issues with holes appearing where sections of the truck are connected?

Latest posts