hitch height for a seadoo trailer?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Josh mcleod

Reaction score
Hey everyone, it's been awhile! I just bought a seadoo and new trailer. I would like to know how much of a drop I need for the draw bar. I have 2" lift shackles and 285/75/16 tires. I think the trailer height is about 14" I was told. I haven't seen the trailer yet and I'm gonna be picking it up on Monday

Thanks for any info!

Best thing is to take your own measurements. Hate to see spend $$ on what doesnt work. Trailer towing of any kind. Needs to be done right.

I see, you get the help from me and others to do your truck up and then dissapear.

:bwahaha:

You should be good with a two or three inch drop receiver, if you have a frame mounted hitch.

Like Eddie said if the coupler height on the trailer is 14"'s then measure your hitch height, whatever the difference is get that amount of drop -1" because your truck will drop about an inch when you hook up the trailer with the weight of the trailer and Seadoo.

How's things going up in the great white north?

Mine was a 2" drop on my old Trac with TT/shackles and 265/75-16's. Trailer was angled up a little bit but not a lot. 3" should be fine. Otherwise, see if they will measure the hitch height with the trailer level and go from there.

Thanks for the tips guys. Yeah I figured I'd have to measure it to be sure. Not gonna have a while lotta time for measuring and such. Gonna by home late afternoon Monday and have to pick the boat up before five. Hope I got enough time or I'm gonna have to wait another couple weeks :(

I know iv been a bit of a stranger. Been sooooo busy lately, that's why I can finally afford a new to me seadoo. Btw Jerry I love the new tires n wheels you got!

Latest posts