Highway of Heroes

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Mac

Reaction score
Please Gentlemen, do not criticize the principal here. This is a dedication to all the heroes who have paid the ultimate price in service of their country. In this case its my country. I am very proud of these men and women who fight to protect my rights and liberties. Please allow me to dedicate this to them.

Thank you,

Gerry Mac

"Highway of Heroes", was co-written and co-produced by The Trews and Gordie Johnson (Big Sugar) and was inspired by the 2006 death of Captain Nichola Goddard from The Trews' hometown of Antigonish, NS. Canada's Highway of Heroes, is the section of the MacDonald-Cartier freeway named to honour those who have sacrificed all in service of country

Gerry, Thank you and your country men, for their deep thoughtful contribution to soldiers.

Myself, 3yrs US Army, 22months in Vietnam. Im so thankful to God for my safety, during that time. I came home decorated, but. Those that were killed or MIA are the real hero's.

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to all my brother and sister soldiers, past present and future.... U.S.A.F. 1979-1999

[Broken External Image]:[Broken External Image]:

Gerry Mac

Thanks for the Post - Have a great Remembrance Day in Canada.

Eddie & LaRue

Have a great Veterans Day and thanks for your service.

Our Son

Have a great Day and keep your head down.

:haveabeer:

Eddie,

I like your display of metals....I have been thinking about making/buying one for me. Is that a commercially sold display case or did you make it?

For those who might not be familiar with what all those metals/ribbons are, here is a list of Eddie's awards from left to right:

1. Bronze Star

2. Army Commendation Medal

3. Good Conduct Medal

4. National Defense Service Medal

5 Vietnam Service Medal (stars = multiple tours in Vietnam)

6 Vietnam Campaign Medal

...Rich

I always feel inadequate to say thanks to our veterans but I do sincerely mean it. Thank you to all of this board's great men and women who have served.

Good job. Did you have to look it up. It was Dad's. They first issued them to troops that made one combat landing. A short time later they issued them to everyone who made two landings as long as they were operational landings. These landings could have been training. He made two landing is the war. There is some argument that some individuals actually made three landings in the war. That's really pushing your luck.

Redfish,

I had seen one a long time ago and thought it looked like a UFO, and had to find out what it was. ....So I knew it was a WWII Glider Badge, but I looked it up to get the exact title of the badge correct.

...Rich

Eddie,

I like your display of metals....I have been thinking about making/buying one for me. Is that a commercially sold display case or did you make it?

Rich,

I found the frame at a 99cent store. I had the black silk type cloth for the back ground already. I used double sided foam tape on the back side of the medals.

Those that have seen it, tell me it looks profesionaly made.

Eddie,

Those that have seen it, tell me it looks profesionaly made.

I have to agree with them....That's why I asked if you made it or purchased it....So I guess it's a combination of both...:grin:

Great job...:supercool:

I have been thinking about buying one that will hold all my medals, badges, unit patches and insignias like the epalet (shoulder tab) rank insignia, etc. I was also authorized to wear a shoulder braid when stationed with the 3rd Inf Div. The braid is called the Croix Rege' (sp?) it's a French award.

So I am looking at a large case, but I have never seen any with a shoulder braid displayed?

...Rich

...Rich

Latest posts